New Swift FX Bella Mask.....

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
FizzyWater

Re: New Swift FX Bella Mask.....

Post by FizzyWater » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:44 pm

Well, add me to the list of those who are giving these a try.

When I put them on (first time last night), it was so nice - almost like no mask at all. The biggest problem I had was that I've been pretty consistently using an Opus360 with the hose affixed over my head, so having the hose flopping around seemed to cause a lot of extra leaking.

I also felt like I waked up a bit more often last night because of leaks (but I feel the same way with the regular FX compared to the Opus360).

I just checked my stats, though, and leaks were actually a little lower than the night before, and AHI was 1.1, instead of yesterday's 2.3. I actually haven't check my numbers in awhile, and I was appalled to see how much I've been snoring the last few months. That's just not normally a big thing for me. It occurs to me that my "managed healthcare" folks changed my sinus meds to half the amount I'd been using before...and I'm wondering if that had something to do with it. So I'm going to double up for a week to see if anything changes there. Oops, off topic!

Anyway, it'll take more than 1 day's data to be sure how well the Bella loops do, but I'm really hoping I can keep using them. It felt wonderful not to have something wrapped around my head!

Oh, and I'm going to try that trick with the o-rings (or hair bands, since I didn't read it until late tonight and it's too late to run out for o-rings!) A quick test did make them feel more stable.

Began CPAP therapy 3/22/2011.

Some days, I guess there just aren't enough rocks -- Forrest Gump

RachelM

Post by RachelM » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:51 pm

Help me out--I asked my DME about the Bella and after checking with their rep she replied back that the straps would be $35.00, not covered by insurance.

I thought it came complete--mask, usual straps, plus ear straps. Is this right?

ems

Post by ems » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:20 pm

Rachel...

http://www.cpap-supply.com/Swift-FX-Bel ... /61581.htm

Check out this site. $24.95 plus shipping for the Bella Loops.

You can also purchase the Swift FX, which includes the Bella Loops. I remember seeing it, but don't remember the price.
If only the folks with sawdust for brains were as sweet and obliging and innocent as The Scarecrow! ~a friend~

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:30 pm

RachelM wrote:Help me out--I asked my DME about the Bella and after checking with their rep she replied back that the straps would be $35.00, not covered by insurance.

I thought it came complete--mask, usual straps, plus ear straps. Is this right?
I bought mine online for $25. That is just for the loops.

All links below are to our forum host cpap.com. They are great to buy from and are really nice to let us have this forum.

The original Swift FX is $ 127 on line and you can see what you get here. This package does NOT contain the Bella Loops. but you already head this package..you can add just the Bella loops.
https://www.cpap.com/productpage/resmed ... dgear.html

Now this is the Swift FX with the Bella Loops include with all the other headgear..$137..
https://www.cpap.com/productpage/resmed ... -cpap.html
So if you don't have the other parts you have to get this package.

Now for those of us that were already using the Swift FX in the past we just bought these. Loops only
https://www.cpap.com/productpage/resmed ... loops.html
$24.95

It is a form of headgear. The complete package already has the regular straps as headgear. Insurance won't usually pay for 2 headgears at the same time because it doesn't go with their replacement schedule. This may be where the DME is coming from. I don't know what billing code they will use or could use.
You might check with your insurance for verification.

Obviously you can buy online for $10 less than what DME charges but then you have shipping. Mine were sent to me in a Priority envelope so $5 shipping. I have seen some on Ebay already.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

FizzyWater

Post by FizzyWater » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:43 pm

Pugsy wrote: Obviously you can buy online for $10 less than what DME charges but then you have shipping. Mine were sent to me in a Priority envelope so $5 shipping. I have seen some on Ebay already.
Yep, that's where I got mine. $24.95 with no extra shipping fee.

Began CPAP therapy 3/22/2011.

Some days, I guess there just aren't enough rocks -- Forrest Gump

ems

Post by ems » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:18 am

FizzyWater wrote:
Pugsy wrote: Obviously you can buy online for $10 less than what DME charges but then you have shipping. Mine were sent to me in a Priority envelope so $5 shipping. I have seen some on Ebay already.
Yep, that's where I got mine. $24.95 with no extra shipping fee.
If $24.95 and no shipping charge... that's a really great price. That means you paid around $5.00 less than the rest of us.
If only the folks with sawdust for brains were as sweet and obliging and innocent as The Scarecrow! ~a friend~

SleepingUgly

Post by SleepingUgly » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:52 am

FizzyWater wrote:Yep, that's where I got mine. $24.95 with no extra shipping fee.
where do you get that?
Never put your fate entirely in the hands of someone who cares less about it than you do. --Sleeping Ugly

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:09 am

The Ebay seller that has the Bella Loops has a Buy it Now Price of $26.95 with free shipping.
This is the same seller that I bought my heated hose from..(I think they also have a brick and mortar store) So I called them up when I saw their Ebay listing to see if they had them in stock yet. At the time they were waiting on their first shipment. From their website (sleeprestfully.com) they were offering the Loops for 24.95 but were adding shipping on top of that. I forget exactly how much but total price was around $28. It was a wee bit more than their EBay deal but not much. I went ahead and placed an order through the phone call and didn't bother with EBay. I got that order last Monday. I had already ordered the Loops from another online source which was in Washington state. I knew it was going to take longer coming from Washington. I knew I would end up with 2 sets but I figured I would give the other to my step sister. The online source in Washington state did send the Loops and I got them yesterday in the Priority mail envelope. Again price was 24.95 plus mailing in the Priority envelope of around $5.

The EBay seller has the best deal online that I have seen. $26.95 and that includes shipping. I have not seen a 24.95 price that includes shipping. All that I have seen at 24.95 have the shipping as extra.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Resmed-Bella-FX ... 4cfe218018

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

portiemom

Post by portiemom » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:34 am

I am determined to get my Bella Loops to work! I stood in the mirror for quite a while last night fitting and playing with the tension and two pillows I had. I decided on the large pillows and somewhat right tension and fell asleep like a dream (no pun intended) the magic 2 hour time frame parsed without a problem, but 2 hours after that the leaks and struggle began. I did know the lathe pillow was too big but maybe bigger is better, apparently not for me. AHI 2.2 13L. I will however keep on keeping on!!

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:54 am

Last night I returned to the tension that I used the first night. I figured the "maybe" discomfort when the loop pinched my ear was a lesser evil than the for sure evil of fighting leaks all night.. I was right. I slept much better over all and only remember a couple of times with the pinched ear (top part of ear pinched when loop slid out of the groove). Leak line is more like the first night and quite acceptable and AHI was cut in half with most of the AHI during what was probably the first stage of REM sleep. It happens from time to time for me anyway. Obstructive index was a little over 2. Pretty much all occurring around the 2 hour mark after sleep onset. Might have been a good time to have auto mode engaged. but these times are rare so I will continue with straight bilevel mode.

The only discomfort is when the loop slides out of the groove behind the ear. I will leave things the way they are and see how much the potential pinching actually disturbs my sleep. If I didn't move around so much I bet it would be a non issue. Even with the original FX headgear I sometimes had strap or nasal pillow movement issues from time to time. So it's not like I never woke up with minor mask fit issues with the original because I did. Not huge issues though...just occasional.

Last night we set up my step sister with the Loops. She had never even seen a nasal pillow mask. Always used over the nose mask...so she was really new to all this. I will know more later on how she did. She is at my Mom's house.

Papit

Post by Papit » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:27 pm

Fizzy, You might try adding one of those so-called tube-management clips near the end of your mask's air tube. Then you can clip the tube to your collar or top so it doesn't flop around. Like you, I hate the tubes flopping around on any mask I have tried whether in bed or up to the bathroom.

ems

Post by ems » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:56 pm

My Bella Loops arrived this afternoon! Can't wait to go to sleep tonight. So small and delicate. I'm going to be really surprised if this doesn't turn out to be fabulous. I've tried them on and think I have a good fit, careful not to make it too tight.

Ladies... this will definitely eliminate hair problems... altho I can tell already that I would have a problem wearing earrings.

Will update tomorrow.

tetragon

Post by tetragon » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:39 am

Now that I've used mine for a few days, I have decided that I prefer it with some thin padding on the loops. At this point I'm using a spare set of the provided covers for the Swift FX for Her straps, although I think something a bit less edged and stiff would be nicer. The padding helped with the stability of the fit on my ears, which are a bit uneven on the Bella-supporting side.

Meowser

Post by Meowser » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:49 am

I received mine yesterday from the same place Pugsy got hers....

But i got both the loops and For Her headgear since I'm in need of new headgear but didn't want to wait till late March when DME lets me have a new one.

Got mine here for $43 with free shipping...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Resmed-Bella-FX ... 35b93090d2

They've changed the pink color.... the mask i have that I got from my DME this past Sept is a darker brighter pink. I LOVE this subtle baby pink and gray scheme they're doing.

I'm excited to try them out tonight.... my hairstylist even commented one appointment that I had hair broken on the top of my head and around the back of my neck.... told her it was because of my headgear.

Meow!
"You can have the most precise questions, but if you do not ask the right person, you will not get the right answers." – Frederic Premji

ems

Post by ems » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:24 pm

Considering the fact that any changes, even small ones, are not easy for me... I would say that my first nite on the Loops was a success. I still need to do a little tweaking, especially on the side I sleep on. It's a thousand percent better than the straps! Very few leaks... no more than with the straps.

I'll update again in about a week. I think it will take that long to tweak and get totally comfortable with them. So far, it's a thumbs up for me!