New script every year??

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
LSAT

Re: New script every year??

Post by LSAT » Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:23 pm

KarenK wrote:Pugsy, the odd thing is that I "inherited" a machine which needed to be calibrated and I took it to them, provided a copy of the prescription, and paid 50 dollars for them to recalibrate it. I also bought some mask parts, once. I get robo calls from the original DME, and i guess I will stick with them, as they mail the items right to the house. Sorry the other place lost my business [not really, they rejected me!] as it was just 2 miles from my house. Oh well, it is their loss.
Calibration???? You paid $50 for something you could have done yourself in 2 minutes. If you didn't know how you could download the manual or just ask.

RachelM

Re: New script every year??

Post by RachelM » Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:38 pm

Last year for first time was told new RX was needed, per state law. In contacting my sleep doctor and ins co, there is no such law. Finally got DME to admit that they had just made it their policy to cover everyone. Some insurance companies do require it and they are just making sure they get paid. Yes, it cost my insurance co for the dr visit to get script. Dr now says to just let him know when needed and he will fax a new one over to DME every year. I would change DMEs but other than this hassle I like them.