reprogram settings on cpap

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
sandybeach

Post by sandybeach » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:35 pm

After completing a month long autp-pap titration, the Dr says i should change my setting to a 10. I am currently using 7, on a Res-Med c-series Tango, with Swift Mirage II nasal pillow. Does anyone know how to change the setting, so I can avoid schlepping the long drive to the medical supply store? I am anxious to get started with the correct setting. Didnt realize what a difference the settings make, but I am much more tired now that I don't have the rental auto-pap working for me. Although I am prob. in the minority here is saying I hated that APAP thing!! It whined, and listening to my inhales and exhales drove me nuts, to the point I obscessed about my breathing pattern. It should come naturally. The sound of the machine and exhalation even woke up my normally "sleep thru anything" husband! But I digress. I am happy to get my quiet cpap back in action, but NEED the higher setting for proper sleep. If anyone know how to re-set the Res-Med Tango, please speak up! Thanks

ww

Post by ww » Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:05 pm

I don't have this type of machine, but this article may help you. They also have links to the clinical manuals, which you should download.

http://www.cpap-supply.com/Articles.asp?ID=130
Good Luck. You probably just save $20 of gasoline!!!

sandybeach

Post by sandybeach » Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:58 pm

Thanks WW, but that site did not list my machine. Guess I will have to wait to hear from the DME, and hopefully they can help me with instructions over the phone , and save me a trip there.

sleepymagoo

Re: reprogram settings on cpap

Post by sleepymagoo » Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:23 pm

sandybeach wrote:After completing a month long autp-pap titration, the Dr says i should change my setting to a 10. I am currently using 7, on a Res-Med c-series Tango, with Swift Mirage II nasal pillow. Does anyone know how to change the setting, so I can avoid schlepping the long drive to the medical supply store? I am anxious to get started with the correct setting. Didnt realize what a difference the settings make, but I am much more tired now that I don't have the rental auto-pap working for me. Although I am prob. in the minority here is saying I hated that APAP thing!! It whined, and listening to my inhales and exhales drove me nuts, to the point I obscessed about my breathing pattern. It should come naturally. The sound of the machine and exhalation even woke up my normally "sleep thru anything" husband! But I digress. I am happy to get my quiet cpap back in action, but NEED the higher setting for proper sleep. If anyone know how to re-set the Res-Med Tango, please speak up! Thanks

I have a Resmend 8 Elite and I just simultaneously press the right and the bottom buttons to get into the clinicians menu. You can read your AHI, AI, HI, leakage, pressure, etc, there, and if you go to settings within the clinicians menu you will be able to change settings, including pressure.

sleepymagoo

_________

CPAPopedia Keywords Contained In This Post (Click For Definition): mirage, nasal pillow, swift, Titration, CPAP, auto, APAP

ww

Re: reprogram settings on cpap

Post by ww » Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:33 pm

[quote="sandybeach"]Thanks WW, but that site did not list my machine. Guess I will have to wait to hear from the DME, and hopefully they can help me with instructions over the phone , and save me a trip there.

Slinky

Post by Slinky » Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:38 pm

Yup, what WW said.

My computer says I need to upgrade my brain to be compatible with its new software.