Mac softwear for s9

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
fre

Mac softwear for s9

Post by fre » Thu May 06, 2010 6:06 am

Can any one help me locate software for S9, I use OSX software on a laptop and have used the windows version but that computer is difficult to access. also what does pm mean.
Thanks fre

Hawthorne

Re: Mac softwear for s9

Post by Hawthorne » Thu May 06, 2010 11:48 am

As far as I know, cpap software does not work with Mac computers. One needs to set up a virtual machine to run Windows which, from what I read is not too difficult with a Mac but someone with a Mac can tell you more.

"PM" stand for "Private Message". Members who have PM enabled in their profile on this forum, can send and receive private messages to/from other forum members. Sometimes members want to ask a certain member a question or reply to a particular member, rather than asking or posting on the open forum, so they use PM.

Additional Comments:  Backups- FX Nano masks. Backup machine- Airmini auto travel cpap

Julie

Post by Julie » Thu May 06, 2010 11:49 am

No such animal (I have an iMac/Intel). I used Bootcamp (a snap) to install Windows ME and then the program. No one as yet has done a Mac program though they keep threatening... very frustrating!

Llama

Post by Llama » Thu May 06, 2010 4:59 pm

I use a Vista VM under Parallels to run ResScan.

I keep meaning to try and get it running under CrossOver since I use that for other Windows programs without much effort.

--Larry
Remember when "Just breathe" was supposed to be easy and calming?

ww

Post by ww » Thu May 06, 2010 5:51 pm

Llama wrote:I use a Vista VM under Parallels to run ResScan.

I keep meaning to try and get it running under CrossOver since I use that for other Windows programs without much effort.
I would be very interested in a CrossOver implementation!!!!!! That would be extremely useful for Mac users!!!

Nord

Post by Nord » Thu May 06, 2010 6:00 pm

ww wrote:

I would be very interested in a CrossOver implementation!!!!!! That would be extremely useful for Mac users!!!
I use Fusion VM Ware without any problems... both open at same time... drag and drop between Mac and Windows... etc.

Nord

ww

Post by ww » Thu May 06, 2010 8:12 pm

Nord wrote:
ww wrote:

I use Fusion VM Ware without any problems... both open at same time... drag and drop between Mac and Windows... etc.

Nord

HI Nord. Yes, I also use VMWare Fusion and Parallels, but they require you also have Windows, which I do. CrossOver would allow running the software without either Windows or VMWare on a Mac.

Nord

Post by Nord » Thu May 06, 2010 8:33 pm

ww wrote:
Nord wrote:
ww wrote:

Nord

HI Nord. Yes, I also use VMWare Fusion and Parallels, but they require you also have Windows, which I do. CrossOver would allow running the software without either Windows or VMWare on a Mac.
Hi ww...

CrossOver has limitations with programs working... my guess is that ResScan will not work properly with it. Just a guess.

Nord

Julie

Post by Julie » Fri May 07, 2010 3:05 am

I vacillated about using Crossover for a long time, can't remember specifics now, but decided against trying it at the time (and it wasn't cheap).

imtired

Post by imtired » Fri May 07, 2010 4:52 am

i use bootcamp, which comes included with OSX. the only downside is that you can run windows or leopard, not both at the same time. parallels and VM ware should work very well but i wouldnt spend the money on it unless you have a use for it other than rescan