Swift Lite issues - condensation and loud breathing.

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Wrenna

Swift Lite issues - condensation and loud breathing.

Post by Wrenna » Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:39 pm

For the most part I really love my new Swift Lite. It's a huge improvement over the Swift II for me, it seals better and I love being able to sleep on both sides. That said I still have some issues with it and I was hoping for some advice?

Noise: The mask itself is extremely quiet. When I have it on and I stop breathing (to check for leaks), there is no exhalation noise at all, no leaking sound. HOWEVER when I breathe it sounds like freaking darth vader is in my head! DH says he doesn't hear anything, but I certainly can. It even drowns out my ocean noise machine. Why is my breathing so loud to me? Is there anyway to fix this?

Humidity: This is my main problem with it. Even the slightest bit of humidity causes some massive condensation. At the lowest setting I have to pull the mask away from my face a couple of times a night to wipe dry my nose. At my more normal (and still very low) setting, I get this big pool of water in my mask. Wtf?? The Swift II was totally happy with this humidity setting. Why is it so different with different masks? Any suggestions?

Third issue that's probably my imagination: Sometimes I think that one of the pillows collapses and blocks one of my nostrils. Since I tend to be stuffy on one side or another anyway even with netti pot-ing, it's probably just me. What do you think?

My set-up = Medium pillows. Long hair pulled over the bottom strap (really helps movement). Main air hose clipped to the top clip thingy.