Resmed S8 software

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
naustin

Resmed S8 software

Post by naustin » Sun May 04, 2008 11:46 pm

New guy here. I've had my CPAP for about 3 moths and love it. It's changed my life, I was having 80+ events per hour. Is there a good card reader and software for the Resmed S8 Elite? My Dr thought it would be good if I monitored my progress, but he didn't tell me what software he was using.... thanks in advance.

naustin

Post by naustin » Mon May 05, 2008 12:01 am

I now see cpap.com offers the Resmed reader and software for about $200. Is it worth it? Is there other software to massage the data?

zorrro13

Post by zorrro13 » Mon May 05, 2008 3:33 am

I had mine thrown in for free with the machine. Is it worth it? That depends on how well your doing now. If your stable and happy with AHI and leak rates then you don't really need it. The only difference from what you can get from your resmed screen is that you can see the length of apnea and when they occur also when hypopnea occur and the same for leaks all in graph form.

BarryKaraoke

Post by BarryKaraoke » Tue May 06, 2008 2:31 pm

naustin wrote:Is it worth it? Is there other software to massage the data?
It's worth it to me...but I am a geek at heart. There aren't any 3rd party programs that will read the ResMed datacard, although there are other less expensive USB card-readers that will work.

dieselgal

Post by dieselgal » Tue May 06, 2008 2:40 pm

To be truthful I used it several times in the beginning and then barely use software at all now. Mainly I tend to look at it if I have a couple of very bad nights.

moby who can't log in

Post by Guest » Tue May 06, 2008 6:16 pm

I use mine all the time and love it.
I have a hard time getting the mask to fit so i find the feedback helpful. It has improved my therapy no end

Di

bigk

Post by bigk » Tue May 06, 2008 7:09 pm

I find it invaluable.

Yesterday for instance, I had a mask leak rate of 0.14l/s and it is usually around 0.06. It has been going up for the last few nights actually.

Looking at the detailed data, I could see there were 2 specific times where I had a VERY high leak rate which skewed the nights average.

So it's not something I need to worry about.

Without the software, I would not have known and could have been chasing my tail worrying about phantom leaks and wondering if I need to get a new mask etc.

Resmed H3i Humidifier
Swift FX
Mirage Swift LT Nasal Pillows
Activa Nasal Mask
Resscan Software with USB + Data Card
SPO 7500 Pulse-Ox
MedicMon Blood Pressure Monitor
Aussie Heated Hose

Claire

Post by Claire » Tue May 06, 2008 7:18 pm

I'm happy with the daily readout that I get from the Elite's display...so even though I have the card, I've never gotten the software.

naustin

Post by naustin » Wed May 07, 2008 12:21 am

Claire wrote:I'm happy with the daily readout that I get from the Elite's display...so even though I have the card, I've never gotten the software.
Thanks for all the good feedback. There is a daily readout? I didn't see anything about that in my S8 Owners manual (USA version). How do you access it?

alnhwrd

Post by alnhwrd » Wed May 07, 2008 2:29 am

Press and hold the < and > (left and right) buttons at the same time for about five seconds. The Efficiency Data menu will come up on the display. You can then scroll through the menu and read your nightly average pressure, leak, AI HI and AHI. Push the button under the word "daily" and it will change to weekly, then monthly, then six months, then yearly averages.

naustin

Post by naustin » Wed May 07, 2008 9:47 am

Thanks alnwrd, claire & others. This board has the sharpest members!

Slinky

Post by Slinky » Wed May 07, 2008 10:12 am

Naustin, if that key combination doesn't work for you it is because access to the advanced patient menu hasn't been turned on. You'd then have to ask your doctor to script access to it.

Also, you need to access that data (Efficacy Data and Usage menus) before noon. These xPAPs work on an internal, 24 hour, noon to noon clock and the nightly data rolls over into the total averages at noon and would no longer be accessable via the LED screen.

My computer says I need to upgrade my brain to be compatible with its new software.

naustin

Post by naustin » Wed May 07, 2008 10:51 am

Thanks Slinky. I've found the LED data, just before Noon.

hobbs

Post by hobbs » Wed May 07, 2008 11:16 am

Slinky wrote:These xPAPs work on an internal, 24 hour, noon to noon clock and the nightly data rolls over into the total averages at noon and would no longer be accessable via the LED screen.
I leave for work at 5AM and don't want to fool with getting the data before I leave. I just set the internal time 6 hours behind, and my data stays on the machine until 6PM.

Slinky

Post by Slinky » Wed May 07, 2008 12:27 pm

Yeah, if you have access to the Clinician's Menu. I've been known to set my clock back when I've forgotten to check before noon. Just don't forget to reset it correctly after you've downloaded the data.

This doggone new Resmed VPAP Auto tho has gotten the best of me on that score. You CAN'T change the clock back on it. Grrrrrrrr! And doggone ResScan 3.4 I forgot and did a save - so - my file shows no detailed data for that particular night, altho, of course, the data is included in the averages.

I've got it figured out tho. When traveling w/o 'puter for more than 4-5 days, I take an extra data card or two w/me!

My computer says I need to upgrade my brain to be compatible with its new software.