Miata driving cpapers

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
rock and roll

Miata driving cpapers

Post by rock and roll » Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:15 am

I joined the ranks of a Miata roadster owner this weekend, kind of my male menopause, second childhood thing I guess plus with R Arthritis coming on hard I won't be able to in a few years and I always wanted a sports car. Anyway I know I hav e read posts from other cpapers that are Miata lovers, I just can't remember who. Any other cpapers that drive these fun little cars as part of your "treatment"?
TripGuy

leaveye

Post by leaveye » Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:41 am

I got a Boxter before I got married. I rationalized it as treatment for all of my ailments. Seemed to work too. My wife seems to think that it and I are going to part ways once we start having children--still working out how I'm going to keep both!
"I am not an Athenian or a Greek, but a citizen of the world."
-Diogenes

girlsaylor

Lotsa top down rides here too

Post by girlsaylor » Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:27 am

Down in sunny So FL, had a top-down ride in our 2000 red Miata just this past weekend! We've also got a few at work with various sports cars that go for something we call a 'lunar rally', down to the Keys for an afternoon. Great therapy for most anything that ails you!

girlsaylor

oceanpearl

Post by oceanpearl » Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:49 am

1990 Mercedes 300sl with 2 tops. Only probelm these days is being able to get in and out of it,
I just want to go back to sleep!

RAINSUX

Post by RAINSUX » Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:20 am

I have four of them! One to be sold as soon as the engine is fixed. Three are turbocharged. My username is my license plate on my red '90. The best one is here: http://www.flyinmiata.com/projects/2003.asp They are the best therapy there is! My wife and I just finished a 3000 mile trip in the '90, CPAP and all.

Sam (who sleeps with his personal turbocharger!)

CPAP therapy is so easy you can do it in your sleep!

Lepeu63

Post by Lepeu63 » Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:50 am

Acura TL-S is/was my male menopause car. I wanted a Miata but I've still got 2 kids living at home so I needed the back seat.

"Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

ozij

Post by ozij » Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:02 am

WAFlowers - haven't seen him here in loooong time.

O.

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Good advice is compromised by missing data
Forum member Dog Slobber Nov. 2023

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:35 am

ozij wrote:WAFlowers - haven't seen him here in loooong time.

O.
Maybe the Canadians found out where he was and extradited him back there.

ozij

Post by ozij » Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:49 am

Miatas and all....
O.

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Good advice is compromised by missing data
Forum member Dog Slobber Nov. 2023

cwsanfor

Post by cwsanfor » Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:22 am

I'm on my second Miata and second Respironics machine. I had the first edition Miata, and now the second, the fatal attraction to M2 being the glass rear window. The M3 has a self-booting Z-fold roof, so I have to avoid passing Miata dealers ...

Actually, I live only a mile from the campus where I work, so for most of the past year I ride a bike to work, and hardly ever use the Miata. I should sell it, but can't bring myself to. Besides, it generates 19 cm H20 when I hang my head out at 75 mph, it's just hard to sleep that way.

I want to go peacefully in my sleep, not screaming in terror like my father and his passengers.

StillAnotherGuest

But It's Only Got 242,000 Miles On It...

Post by StillAnotherGuest » Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:30 am

Does a 1994 Plymouth Voyager Minivan count?

It's red, at least.

Sorta.

OK, not really.
SAG

Aromatherapy may help CPAP compliance. Lavender, Mandarin, Chamomile, and Sweet Marjoram aid in relaxation and sleep. Nature's Gift has these and a blend of all four called SleepEase.

WAFlowers

Re:

Post by WAFlowers » Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:12 pm

Guest wrote:
ozij wrote:WAFlowers - haven't seen him here in loooong time.

O.
Maybe the Canadians found out where he was and extradited him back there.
They tried, but I'm still in Florida.

My last Miata is for sale. And I'm still 100% CPAP compliant.
The CPAPer formerly known as WAFlowers

rock and roll

Re: Miata driving cpapers

Post by rock and roll » Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:25 pm

Bill, you will miss the little bugger. I love mine, I have a blast in it and it takes all the abuse I am putting it through. It would be hard to not have one now that I do.
TripGuy

WAFlowers

Re: Miata driving cpapers

Post by WAFlowers » Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:46 pm

Nah, I've upgraded to an S2000. Bigger trunk and better interior. My wife and I went away for a week in it with all we needed including my CPAP without removing the spare tire! We couldn't have done that with the Miata.

I daily drive it through the week then do timed competitions on the weekend.
The CPAPer formerly known as WAFlowers