Using CPAP without humidifier

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
shardebhow

Using CPAP without humidifier

Post by shardebhow » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:13 pm

I'm getting a new Respironics Apap and the Fisher and Paykel humidifier. I am not getting the integrated humidifier at this point. If I do, it will be out of pocket.

No problem when I am home. When I travel via air I really do not want to lug that humidifier with me. Has anyone used their machine for a week to 10 days without a humidifier? If so, any problems?

JeffH

Re: Using CPAP without humidifier

Post by JeffH » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:42 pm

[quote="shardebhow"]I'm getting a new Respironics Apap and the Fisher and Paykel humidifier. I am not getting the integrated humidifier at this point. If I do, it will be out of pocket.

No problem when I am home. When I travel via air I really do not want to lug that humidifier with me. Has anyone used their machine for a week to 10 days without a humidifier? If so, any problems?

kteague

Humidity in the air may make a difference

Post by kteague » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:29 am

Hopefully you'll be traveling to a tropical climate and there will be plenty of humidity in the air.

Maybe a test run for a few days would give you an idea how your sinuses will react, if they do at all, though the variable would be the humidity in the room(s) on your trip.

I have used mine without the humidifier on a short term basis with no major problem - just felt a bit dry.

Marie

Post by Marie » Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:20 pm

I don't use a humidifier anymore. Found out I don't need it.

Marie

Krelvin

Post by Krelvin » Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:09 pm

I think a lot depends on where you live and where you are going.

Comparing the climate from Louisiana to say here in Arizona, can be a huge difference I would guess. It is very common to have humidity here in the teens.

I find that I get very dried out very quickly if I don't have the humidifier.

Current Settings PS 4.0 over 10.6-18.0 (cmH2O) - Resmed S9 VPAP Auto w/h5i Humidifier - Quattro Air FFM
TNET Sleep Resource Pages - CPAP Machine Database
Put your equip in your Signature - SleepyHead v1.0.0-beta-1
Kevin... alias Krelvin