Modified Guest Posting Policy

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
forumadmin
Site Admin

Modified Guest Posting Policy

Post by forumadmin » Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:44 pm

Greetings CPAPtalkers,

The lack of focus on support and helping your fellow CPAP (wo)man of late has caused me to take another measure I'd rather not take:

You are responsible for the spirit of what you post to CPAPtalk.com, as a guest or otherwise. Effective tomorrow and into the future, we're printing the names of registered users whose IPs match guest posts. For now, we're not printing the names of historical guest posts. If the name calling doesn't stop, we will.

This board is a place to give advice and encouragement to new CPAP users. How can a house divided send that message? Please remember when you arrived on CPAPtalk and how it made you feel. Please don't take that away from new arrivals.

Johnny

cflame1

Post by cflame1 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:45 pm

Thank you Johnny!

capt

Post by capt » Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:53 pm

Amen! I have read a post that seemed to express some concern about, and expressed almost disdain about people that made a post to just hear themselves. My observation is that there is a reason for any post. Maybe, just maybe we can just be a little helpful. Possibly we could even think that everyone here is a friend.

felineperson3

Post by felineperson3 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:02 pm

Thanks Johnny,
You are right to take a stand for the good and continued success of the forum which has helped so many that have been lucky enough to find it.
How can a house divided send that message

A divided house is sure to fall/fail at some point.
Carley Image
"If God has brought me to it, He will bring me through it"--

TXKajun

Post by TXKajun » Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:03 pm

Johnny, don't forget that even the best of families have quarrels now and then! But things work out, especially with a fair, guiding hand at the head of the family!

Thanks for a great forum!

Kajun

GoofyUT

Re: Modified Guest Posting Policy

Post by GoofyUT » Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:07 pm

[quote="forumadmin"]Greetings CPAPtalkers,

The lack of focus on support and helping your fellow CPAP (wo)man of late has caused me to take another measure I'd rather not take:

You are responsible for the spirit of what you post to CPAPtalk.com, as a guest or otherwise. Effective tomorrow and into the future, we're printing the names of registered users whose IPs match guest posts. For now, we're not printing the names of historical guest posts. If the name calling doesn't stop, we will.

This board is a place to give advice and encouragement to new CPAP users. How can a house divided send that message? Please remember when you arrived on CPAPtalk and how it made you feel. Please don't take that away from new arrivals.

Johnny

People are dying every day in Darfur simply for who they are!!! PLEASE HELP THEM!
http://www.savedarfur.org

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:38 pm

In my humble opinion, this is the best solution possible. It keeps forum regulars honest, while still allowing people who come here needing help and scared to register to post and ask the questions they need answers to so desperately.

Good job, Johnny. I'm sorry it came to this - but thank you.

CollegeGirl

Post by CollegeGirl » Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:40 pm

Ha! That last guest was me, accidentally (and somewhat ironically) guested.

Another added bonus - you won't have to come back and say "That was me! I got guested!" - Everyone will know!
Machine: M-Series Auto
Mask: Headrest
No humidifier
On the hose since 2005.

kavanaugh1950

Post by kavanaugh1950 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:57 pm

good idea, thanks

Not A User

bad idea

Post by Not A User » Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:21 pm

You might have good intentions, but what a bad way to show it! You have rules that you refuse to enforse, and you have the ability to stop this. Instead you choose to try to publicly humiliate people into behaving. This is a very childish response to a problem you refuse to handle.

SpookyFodder

Post by SpookyFodder » Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:30 pm

Thanks.

seenas

Post by seenas » Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:58 pm

Excellent solution to a problem that was getting out of control.
Thank you,
Seena

jum001

Post by jum001 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:32 pm

Thank you. If someone wants their words in print, they should be followed by their signature. If they are ashamed to take credit for the post, they should not hit the submit button.

birdshell

Post by birdshell » Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:57 pm

jum001 wrote:Thank you. If someone wants their words in print, they should be followed by their signature. If they are ashamed to take credit for the post, they should not hit the submit button.

And, there is always the edit or delete feature for registered users!
Be kinder than necessary; everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Click => Free Mammograms

kteague

"Outing" pretend guests

Post by kteague » Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:14 am

Mixed emotions about this. But I guess for the once in a gazillion posts when a registered user might feel a legitimate need to speak anonymously - oh well. Nothing to hide - nothing to fear. My first thought at the mention of ever printing the names of registered users whose IP address matched historical guest posts was to say - sell tickets, and I want one in the front row. But that base thought was quickly overridden with the realization that I'd rather not know, and just move on from here. Hope it can stay that way, but if not, I can live with having my bubble burst. Thanks for taking a stand to preserve the integrity of this forum and its mission.
Kathy