remstar auto settings

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
drzman49

remstar auto settings

Post by drzman49 » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:54 pm

I have a remstar auto cpap, would like to be able to alter settings to take control of my therapy.

I do not believe it is c-flex. The model number is 1007381.

When I plug in while holding the two opposed arrows I get into set up mode.

1. Screen one is compliance
2. screen two is a diagram of a line that starts low and flat, then goes up and across to the right.
There is a dot on the low and flat line blinking, and "5cm H2O" blinking above the diagram. Should I assume this is the Epap pressure?
3. Screen three is the same diagram with the dot on the upper right section blinking. Shall I assume this is the IPAP pressure?

How then do I set it to auto? when I want to do that?

Thanks

Dave

rested gal

Post by rested gal » Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:32 am

What is the full name of your machine, as written on top of the machine?

If it is not an M series machine and doesn't have a blue sticker on top that says "C-Flex", it doesn't have C-flex.

Sounds like it is probably the older Respironics REMstar Auto (and I'm guessing that's the "full name" you'll see on top) before they added C-Flex to their autos. If so, I have a Provider manual for your older machine and will be glad to email that to you. Please PM me your email address. Use the "PM Me" button at the bottom of my post here.
ResMed S9 VPAP Auto (ASV)
Humidifier: Integrated + Climate Control hose
Mask: Aeiomed Headrest (deconstructed, with homemade straps
3M painters tape over mouth
ALL LINKS by rested gal:
viewtopic.php?t=17435

donnaclark@gci.net

Re:

Post by donnaclark@gci.net » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:48 am

rested gal wrote:What is the full name of your machine, as written on top of the machine?

If it is not an M series machine and doesn't have a blue sticker on top that says "C-Flex", it doesn't have C-flex.

Sounds like it is probably the older Respironics REMstar Auto (and I'm guessing that's the "full name" you'll see on top) before they added C-Flex to their autos. If so, I have a Provider manual for your older machine and will be glad to email that to you. Please PM me your email address. Use the "PM Me" button at the bottom of my post here.
I have the same unit, will you email me a copy too? Please.

Wulfman

Re: Re:

Post by Wulfman » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:33 am

donnaclark@gci.net wrote:
rested gal wrote:What is the full name of your machine, as written on top of the machine?

I have the same unit, will you email me a copy too? Please.
Try these

Den

REMstar Auto w/C-Flex Setup

When in the Setup Menu, the humidifier ^ and ramp v buttons operate as up and down keys to change the settings, the left/right user buttons < > allow you to go to the previous/next question or setting, and the pressure start/stop button is used to exit the Setup Menu. Holding the humidifier or ramp buttons down will cause the values to change more quickly.

To enter the Therapy Setup Menu, hold the two top user buttons < > down while plugging in the power cord.
Continue holding the buttons down until the REMstar Auto w/C-Flex beeps twice. (about 5 seconds)

Note: The word "setup" will appear on all of the screens indicating that you are in the Therapy Setup Menu.
(If you press the Pressure start/stop button, you will exit the Setup Menu.)

A. Compliance hours/nights: (recommend leaving alone, but CAN be cleared at this point)
Select next setting with >

B. Therapy mode: (CPAP/CFLE/APAP/AFLE) select with ^ or v

B1. If CPAP or CFLE select pressure setting: Select with ^ or v

B1a. C-Flex mode (if you chose CFLE mode): Select setting 1, 2 or 3 with ^

B2. If APAP or AFLE, select minimum pressure setting: Select with ^ or v

B2a. If APAP or AFLE, select maximum pressure setting: Select with ^ or v

B2b. C-Flex mode (if you chose AFLE mode): Select setting 1, 2 or 3 with ^

C: Ramp time setting: Select with ^ or v
(ramp time will be turned off with a setting of 0)
(if using APAP or AFLE mode, Ramp Length Setting MUST be set to 0:00)

D. Ramp pressure setting: Select with ^ or v (use only in CPAP or CFLE mode)

E. Patient disconnect setting: 1 = on 0 = off Select with ^ or v

F. Buttons lights setting: 1 = on 0 = off Select with ^ or v

(Last setting. Use On/Off button to exit Setup)
(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

Babette

Re: remstar auto settings

Post by Babette » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:38 am

Pity we can't direct him to the Red FAQ Section where all these manuals are posted.
B.

I currently have a stash of Nasal Aire II cannulas in Small or Extra Small. Please PM me if you would like them. I'm interested in bartering for something strange and wonderful that I don't currently own. Or a Large size NAII cannula. :)

Wulfman

Post by Wulfman » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:56 am

Babette wrote:Pity we can't direct him to the Red FAQ Section where all these manuals are posted.
B.
Give 'em time. Maybe they'll resize the stuff on the top of the page and find room for those things.

Den
(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

Virtus Velox

Post by Virtus Velox » Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:03 am

My first post to this group, so don't throw stuff at me...just a nub type question
Why would I want to change my Remstar settings? Is this something to consider as I get more and more relief from this wonderful machine?
Thanks,
Virt

bdp522

Post by bdp522 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:35 pm

Hi Vert and welcome!

Many of us were titrated incorrectly and needed to reset our pressures. Many of us have the card reader and software so we can monitor our therapy. Once getting the info from the software we tweak our therapy for optimum treatment.

Brenda

Virtus Velox

Post by Virtus Velox » Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:56 pm

hmm..busy ducking the onslaught of new questions your answer gave me
I thought that I would leave that kind of settings adjustments to my respiratory therapist ... never knew, or at least, never heard of doing my 'own' therapy.
Only problem I've been having is getting used to the incredible level of energy I now have. Long term friends look at me with suspicion when they see me smiling all the time
Hey, thanks for the feedback though, I'll check with my RT about what is to be found in the future as far as my therapy goes.

Virt

Babette

Post by Babette » Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:21 pm

And, sometimes your needs change. I was titrated at straight 10cm, but am finding I'm feeling much better right this second running 11-14 Auto.

If you don't know how to make those changes, you're dependent on a doc, RT, or DME. All three choices are going to cost you money.

CPAPTALK.com - PRICELESS! (aka Free)
Babs

I currently have a stash of Nasal Aire II cannulas in Small or Extra Small. Please PM me if you would like them. I'm interested in bartering for something strange and wonderful that I don't currently own. Or a Large size NAII cannula. :)

CorgiGirl

Post by CorgiGirl » Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:41 pm

Babette wrote:And, sometimes your needs change. I was titrated at straight 10cm, but am finding I'm feeling much better right this second running 11-14 Auto.

If you don't know how to make those changes, you're dependent on a doc, RT, or DME. All three choices are going to cost you money.
Or, if you're like my husband, your doctors and DME folks essentially say "here's your machine, don't come back." (But that's how military healthcare is sometimes for retirees and dependents, anyway.) So he's been on his own for five years of therapy. He poked around and learned how to change his settings on his own, but then again he is rather geeky. (And I love him for it.) He asked to go back to get a machine with a humidifier after I got my machine with one (original Army doc refused to write the prescription for it) and they sent him out to a civilian provider. Who had no problem writing for one.

Machine: Respironics M series Auto with A-Flex
Humidifier: Respironics M series Heated Humidifier
Software: Encore Viewer

rested gal

Re: Re:

Post by rested gal » Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:04 am

donnaclark@gci.net wrote:I have the same unit, will you email me a copy too? Please.
Donna, I sent you an email several days ago to doublecheck exactly which machine you have and to be sure you can receive email from me before sending a big attachment to you. Haven't heard back from you, so perhaps my email went into a junk mail folder or something. Let me know.
ResMed S9 VPAP Auto (ASV)
Humidifier: Integrated + Climate Control hose
Mask: Aeiomed Headrest (deconstructed, with homemade straps
3M painters tape over mouth
ALL LINKS by rested gal:
viewtopic.php?t=17435

sixersclt

Post by sixersclt » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:05 am

I have a remstar auto cflex and have a question about the settings. My Rx was 5 - 20 cpap auto. I checked the machine and found it set at ramp 4 and "pressure" 5. That does not seem right. But, I set pressure to 20 and ramp to 5, thinking the Rx of 5 - 20, and the pressure was way more than I had ever felt at start. Perhaps that was just the change from 4 to 5 but I didn't think 1 cm2 would be such a huge difference.

So I wish to have CPAP auto with ramp from 5 to 20. How do I set that up - what pressure means what? I am in cpap mode and have a ramp of 20 minutes.

There are two "pressure" settings listed in prior instructions:

B1. If CPAP or CFLE select pressure setting - ??? This just says "setup" on the LCD- This is 20 correct?

D. Ramp pressure setting: ??? This says "ramp start" on the LCD - This is the 5?

Thanks

Snoredog

Post by Snoredog » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:12 am

Wulfman wrote:
Babette wrote:Pity we can't direct him to the Red FAQ Section where all these manuals are posted.
B.
Give 'em time. Maybe they'll resize the stuff on the top of the page and find room for those things.

Den
Resize? All I have is the top banner bar, the other stuff in the center is optional, I clicked on the X on the upper right and the BIG
banner went away. Is that what you are talking about?
someday science will catch up to what I'm saying...

Wulfman

Post by Wulfman » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:18 am

Snoredog wrote:
Wulfman wrote:
B.

Den
Resize? All I have is the top banner bar, the other stuff in the center is optional, I clicked on the X on the upper right and the BIG
banner went away. Is that what you are talking about?
Yeah. The one with the "X" to Hide it (three sections....2 for news and 1 for Popular Tags). Just seemed like more "stuff" could be put in there if it was arranged (sized) differently.

Den
User since 05/14/05