PB 420 E leaks

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Ms Piggy

PB 420 E leaks

Post by Ms Piggy » Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:51 pm

Hi, My 420 E keeps developing leaks where the water container fits into the machine.
It doesn't leak all the time, so it has caught me out a few times and has caused havoc with my readings. I blamed my taping until I realized what the cause was, the sneaky little thing just waits for me to forget to check it for leaks. I am still using the original soft fitting connector which hasn't been used a lot as I only use the humidifier in the winter.
The same fitting on my spare Resmed machine has a metal ring in it, which is probably better.

I just wondered if anyone else has had this type of leaking problem?

Snoredog

Re: PB 420 E leaks

Post by Snoredog » Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:00 pm

there should be a round clear silicone coupler between machine and the tank. Push down on the tank, slide it back from the machine, check the coupler, insert your finger and pull it out a bit, makes sure machine is seated on the platform, slide the tank back into the machine until it stops.

Make sure the tiny clear hose is connected to the little barb next to the hose, that clear hose goes down the center of the larger hose through a hole in the coupler on the end of the hose, that has to be connected to the machine.
someday science will catch up to what I'm saying...

ozij

Post by ozij » Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:24 pm

If you haven't used the coupling a lot, could it be that you're using it backwards? It has a shallow side and a deep side. The deep side is the machine side, the shallow side should be towards the humidifier.

O.

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Good advice is compromised by missing data
Forum member Dog Slobber Nov. 2023

puffing billy

Post by puffing billy » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:22 am

If you put a small tiewrap around the collar to hold it on to the humidifier tank.
This will stop the leaks.

Billy