Resmed problem?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Gtv

Resmed problem?

Post by Gtv » Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:09 pm

I started cpap almost two weeks ago.at least once a night I wake up with a ton of pressure coming from my mask.it doesn't come down until I turn the machine off and on again....what should I do? Thanks in advance.

Pugsy

Re: Resmed problem?

Post by Pugsy » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:01 pm

Have you evaluated the software reports to see exactly how much the "ton" of pressure happens to be when it wakes you up and looked to see if you spot any reason for the pressure increase to wherever it goes?
The machine doesn't normally increase the pressure without what it thinks is a good reason.
Perhaps your starting pressure is too low and it has to go higher to effectively prevent the apnea events.
What pressure are you using? How high is it going when it wakes you up? Are you using EPR? Leak issues???

You need to get the software and use it. Don't know about it? See my signature line. SleepyHead (and other software) is explained with where to get and how to use.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Gtv

Post by Gtv » Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:02 pm

Wow. That is a lot of information! I can't thank you enough! I have a lot to read....

bwexler

Post by bwexler » Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:50 pm

Gtv
you might consider going to your profile and changing you equipment information to text instead of pictures. I can tell you have a Resmed machine but can not tell from the picture which machine it is.

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:08 pm

bwexler wrote:Gtv
you might consider going to your profile and changing you equipment information to text instead of pictures. I can tell you have a Resmed machine but can not tell from the picture which machine it is.
When there is a picture, put your curser on the picture and you will see the text information at the bottom of your screen.

herefishy

Post by herefishy » Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:58 pm

You may have your top pressure too high, and when the machine senses an event, it just jumps way up, not just till it controls it.

JZ

Post by JZ » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:01 am

Do you know what the pressure range is on your machine? If it is wide open (i.e., 4 - 20), it could be spiking up to a high pressure when it detects an apnea event and that spike wakes you. You can ask your DME about the pressure setting. You can view the settings by following instructions in the machine's clinician's manual, which you can find here:

http://www.apneuvereniging.nl/forum/pdf ... manual.pdf

I'm not suggesting you mess with the settings, but I do feel everyone should be able to see their settings. Experienced CPAPers do tweak their settings based on that experience. As a newbie, you should talk with the DME, sleep center, or doctor about the problem you are having and ask for potential solutions. My first APAP machine was set from 7 - 14. When it would occasionally jump to 14, it woke me up. Turned out that I did not need the upper setting that high to control my apneas.

Hang in there.

JZ