Drummer in my hose?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Kaythu

Drummer in my hose?

Post by Kaythu » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:33 am

I'm have occasional problems with a noise that seems to come from my hose. Sometimes late at night when I inhale I hear a sound that is hard to discribe...something between a drum beat and a guitar string being pulled very hard. (thlunk) Needless to say this is annoying and wakes me up. I usually can make it stop by wiggling my hose and taking a few shallow breaths but if anyone knows a way to prevent it I would be grateful for the advice.

Thanks, Karen

ozij

Post by ozij » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:45 am

Could it be that your hose is dragging against furniture? A soft hose cover would take care of that.

O.

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Good advice is compromised by missing data
Forum member Dog Slobber Nov. 2023

Kaythu

Post by Kaythu » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:49 am

I've got the hose covered with a flannel sleeve I made for it so I don't think that's the cause of the noise but I will check out the possibilty.

Thanks.

Allyboy

Post by Allyboy » Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:06 am

If your hose is below the level of your bed, you could be getting water collecting in the tube.

I had this problem when I first got mine, I would wake up at night with a mask full of water and that clunking noise. I would disconnect the tube and a small pool of water would come out if I turned it vertical. By repositioning my hose, I was able to clear this problem.

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:37 am

That has happened to me before as well. It was water in the hose. I turned my humidifier down a notch the next night and that solved the problem. This occurred to me when the temperature was cool. In the warmer months I just use the humidifier as passover.

TM

DreamStalker

Post by DreamStalker » Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:49 am

It's water. Make sure you disconnect the hose from the machine before you try and empty it or you may ruin the machine by getting the electronic wet.

President-pretender, J. Biden, said "the DNC has built the largest voter fraud organization in US history". Too bad they didn’t build the smartest voter fraud organization and got caught.

Kaythu

Post by Kaythu » Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:53 am

Thanks everyone. I do have my machine lower than my bed (in an open drawer in my bedside table). After reading your posts I am thinking that sometimes the hose may be hanging out of the drawer lower than the machine and that is when I have this problem ( I actually thought it sounded a bit like 'water hammer' that you can get in house water pipes) I'll hitch the hose up so that it can't droop and hopefully that will stop the noise.

Thanks again.

Karen