NOW I am bothered by my spouse's snoring.

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Namovicz

NOW I am bothered by my spouse's snoring.

Post by Namovicz » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:06 am

How ironic is that? He has always slept facing away from me because of my snoring. That position left his deaf ear up and the good ear in the pillow and he couldn't hear a thing. Now he sleeps facing me because I don't snore. His snoring wakes me up at least once a night. I think he needs a sleep study.

I wonder if others have noticed the same issue. I hear so much now that I am not snoring like a freight train.

gulfpearl

Post by gulfpearl » Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:34 am

I feel the same way as you do, I'm now bothered by my hubby's snoring. I snored so loud for so many years that I can't mention his snoring bothering me because he never complainedd about my snoring.

Kaythu

Post by Kaythu » Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:54 am

Last night I almost moved my cpap setup out to the couch cause I couldn't get him to roll over and stop snoring. It didn't used to bother me so much. Guess my own snoring drowned him out. Amazing how hard it is to sleep now when he gets snoring.

Karen

KimberlyinMN

Post by KimberlyinMN » Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:25 pm

Boy can I ever relate. I'm pretty sure my DH could use a sleep study. Holy buckets does he ever snore. It bugs me when he falls asleep before I do because it takes me that much LONGER. Then I lay there and stew about it.... Our puppy also snores loudly. He sleeps curled up behind my neck. Sometimes I can't tell which is snoring because I sleep facing the edge of the bed. (I never would have guessed a nine-pound pup could snore that loud if I didn't hear it myself.)

Kimberly

Perchancetodream

Post by Perchancetodream » Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:51 pm

I guess I was lucky, my husband and I went in for our sleep studies together! We both snored (mine was worse ) and both have OSA.

We got matching masks, which helps a lot in fine tuning the fit as we can swap tips and successes.

Any way you can get your husbands into the lab for a sleep study? You might try showing them this video that Slinky posted last week: http://www.resmed.com/en-us/clinicians/ ... clinicians

Susan

drummergirl410

Post by drummergirl410 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:43 pm

I think everybody snores in my house. I'm sure I made my share of noise before xpap. My mom also sonres lightly and has mild SA> Both dad and the dog snore too! I've walked by their bedroom at night and couldn't figure out who was doing the snoring, dad or the dog!
Joined the Hosehead Club on 7/26/2007 100% Compliant for four months... and counting!