Need help finding a ff mask

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
sleepyhead63

Need help finding a ff mask

Post by sleepyhead63 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:07 pm

I tried the comfort full 2 ff mask,the ultra mirage ff and the quattro and they all leak soo bad that the machine goes in high leak alert. I tried adjusting the straps multiple times but I just could not get a seal.

I am desperate because of nasal congestion. I currently use the activa whish is great but I just had a cold and it was impossible to breath through m nose. I realize a mask is a very personel thing and which works for one would not work for others but maybe someone else out there tried the same masks as I and they did not work but finally found one that did.

Thanks for any help.

FreeLancer74

Post by FreeLancer74 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:52 pm

I wouldn't mind some FF mask searching tips myself. I currently use a Resmed nasal pillow system, but get tired of taping all the time. Would like to get a full Face as a backup/alternative. I would be interested from those of you who have exerience, what I should keep in mind as I search for features. Can I trust that the patient reviews on CPAP.COM are a good starting point for good vs bad masks, or will it still be a custom fit kind of senario where I have to buy them until I find the right one?

FreeL

"He hates these cans. STAY AWAY FROM THE CANS!"

"DIE GAS PUMPER!"

RedThunder94

Post by RedThunder94 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:03 pm

okay well to the first poster have you tried adjusting the forehead piece on the cf2? mine leaked like crazy until i figured out which position was ideal for me. look for my thread titled "leakstopper for the cf2", that's what i used to get an even better seal with it and still to this day still use it, if you have any questions ask. with my limited use of other masks like the ff431? or the hybrid or the umff, i never was able to get a good seal with them, the cf2 was the only one that i could work with on a nightly basis, hth, later'z.