Am I missing something? Data,software and therapy

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Organplayer

Am I missing something? Data,software and therapy

Post by Organplayer » Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:55 am

So I am tracking data everyday from the efficacy data on the Resmed machine, entering it into a spreadsheet to look at. Have not collected enough data (I have been on it 5 days) but over time will have enough.

The question is: is it worth it to get the software and reader? I realize it gives more data, but is it worth it given what I am presently doing.

By the way, all my numbers are headed down, which is good according to what I read here.

Kevin

Average AHI: 2 over the last year
Pressure:14 2600 hrs +

DreamStalker

Post by DreamStalker » Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:58 am

Worth, value, quality ... all relative terms ... only you can decide.

Just to add ... you can tweak your treatment with your current methodolgy ... the additional nightly data available from the software just makes it more interesting.
President-pretender, J. Biden, said "the DNC has built the largest voter fraud organization in US history". Too bad they didn’t build the smartest voter fraud organization and got caught.

rested gal

Post by rested gal » Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:08 am

I've used several resmed machines and the Autoscan software. I didn't find Autoscan to be very useful...not anywhere near as useful (imho) as PB's Silverlining or Respironics' Encore Pro. If it were me, I'd just keep doing what you're doing -- noting the info off the machine itself.
ResMed S9 VPAP Auto (ASV)
Humidifier: Integrated + Climate Control hose
Mask: Aeiomed Headrest (deconstructed, with homemade straps
3M painters tape over mouth
ALL LINKS by rested gal:
viewtopic.php?t=17435

RiverDave

Post by RiverDave » Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:25 am

I agree with the DreamStalker and rested gal.

I do, however, use ResScan to look at the details of what happens during the night in addition to the summary data (mostly because I'm a data nerd and just want to know).

Good Luck,

JimW

Post by JimW » Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:37 pm

The additional information you would get with the software would be time of events, patterns of leaks, and similar information. If you had an Auto, the software would be more valuable, in my opinion. If you're content to continue writing your information, there's no real reason to use the software.

Resmed S8 Vantage - integrated humidifier
Mirage Swift nasal pillow system
Autoscan 5.7 software

Slinky

Post by Slinky » Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:53 am

I agree, despite I have both AutoScan 5.7 and ResScan (just 'cause I am a nosey ole broad). When all is said and done I am ever so grateful my sleep doc ordered a Resmed S8 for me. Resmed has made it so easy to access the most critical data and the LED screen is good size and easy to read.

Unless you can find the software and reader cable for less than, say $100, and have a curiosity to see what else you might be missing that's worth that $100 or less to you, I wouldn't bother spending the money. A few graphs is about all you will get more than you are getting now.

Enjoy your S8 Elite. I love mine.

My computer says I need to upgrade my brain to be compatible with its new software.

Stefernie

Post by Stefernie » Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:18 am

JimW wrote:The additional information you would get with the software would be time of events, patterns of leaks, and similar information. If you had an Auto, the software would be more valuable, in my opinion. If you're content to continue writing your information, there's no real reason to use the software.
I'd agree. If it's there on the screen nightly and you just wanna do a spreadsheet...save the $250.