Most comfortable full face mask?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
dllfo

Most comfortable full face mask?

Post by dllfo » Sun May 27, 2007 4:58 pm

Now that I am using oxygen with my BiPap, I am using the HC-431A, but wanted to ask those who use FF all the time, what is the most comfortable FF mask you have used?

The 431A is pretty comfortable, but is it the most comfortable?? I know it is subjective, and that is fine. We have different reasons for liking different masks.

Thanks

Installing Software is like pushing a rope uphill.
I have Encore Pro 1.8.65 but could not find it listed
under software.

I LOVE the SV.

jrfoster

Re: Most comfortable full face mask?

Post by jrfoster » Sun May 27, 2007 9:05 pm

dllfo wrote:Now that I am using oxygen with my BiPap, I am using the HC-431A, but wanted to ask those who use FF all the time, what is the most comfortable FF mask you have used?

The 431A is pretty comfortable, but is it the most comfortable?? I know it is subjective, and that is fine. We have different reasons for liking different masks.

Thanks
I am using a nasal mask right now, but when I did use a FF mask the FP431A was my favorite. I took it to Israel with me for a few weeks and I slept with no problems at all. The problem I had was that the AHI's for some reason seemed to be higher with the FF mask than a nasal mask, so that is why I am back to the nasal mask. I have been on CPAP for one year and am still looking for the "dream mask"!

Jeff in TN

Bearclaw

Re: Most comfortable full face mask?

Post by Bearclaw » Sun May 27, 2007 10:03 pm

dllfo wrote:Now that I am using oxygen with my BiPap, I am using the HC-431A, but wanted to ask those who use FF all the time, what is the most comfortable FF mask you have used?

I too am using o2 with a BiPAP and I've tried the FP 432 (real comfortable, but leaked like a sieve, Respironics Comfort Full (no too bad, but kind hard on the lower lip/chin), Hybrid (made my nares burn), and the Resmed Ultra Mirage Full Face (UMFF) mask.

All things considered, my go to mask is the UMFF, it's comfortable, as long as you don't tighten the straps too hard. But it all really depends on your face shape, what works good for one person may not work well for another.

Julie

Post by Julie » Mon May 28, 2007 3:39 am

Like a lot of people, I've found that a nasal mask plus mouth taping is more effective long term than a FF mask, no matter how comfortable the mask is (e.g. Flexi-fit 432). When I get sick of taping, I do switch to a FF for 1-2 nites, but find it less effective (even when no leaks are obvious to me on fitting it) and end up switching back.

skjansen

Post by skjansen » Mon May 28, 2007 8:22 am

Without a doubt, the ResMed Quattro mask is the most comfortable one I have tried. It has an incredible seal on it as well. I have now had it for four days and all but one day, I had a leakage rate of 0.00 L/s. NO LEAKS!!! This mask also does not have to be tightened to the point of leaving marks on my face. I have also added a wedge pillow so keep from rolling over on my back and my AHI was only .4 last night. That is the lowest it has ever been. I have felt better the past three days than I have felt in the last three years!!!

The only downside I can see to the Quattro is it has a bunch of parts, but I think I will clean mine in one piece rather than taking it apart every time.

Stephanie

Babette

Post by Babette » Mon May 28, 2007 9:19 am

One night with the Hybrid and I'm in heaven! Now talk to me in a few weeks and we'll see if the honeymoon continues...

Cheers,
Barbara

I currently have a stash of Nasal Aire II cannulas in Small or Extra Small. Please PM me if you would like them. I'm interested in bartering for something strange and wonderful that I don't currently own. Or a Large size NAII cannula. :)

tillymarigold

Post by tillymarigold » Mon May 28, 2007 9:20 am

I agree with Babette and second the Hybrid, though it's only 3 nights in my case.

new2

Post by new2 » Mon May 28, 2007 9:34 am

Oh, Hybrid by far! It was love the first night.

ddpelp

Post by ddpelp » Mon May 28, 2007 10:07 am

after 6 nights with the Quattro FFM and after trying > 5 other masks this has become my favorite by far!!

S-Dubya

Post by S-Dubya » Mon May 28, 2007 11:02 am

The 431 is a good FFM; as is the Ultra Mirage. However, I have to echo the sentiments of those above. I was in love with the Hybrid from the first night. A month later and I am still loving it!

dllfo

Post by dllfo » Mon May 28, 2007 11:08 am

Well, it looks like the Quattro FFM and the Hybrid have the most votes so far.

One of my questions is how do you measure for sizing?

Will Medicare pay for a Hybrid?

under software.

I LOVE the SV.

Babette

Post by Babette » Mon May 28, 2007 11:12 am

The grand thing about the Hybrid is it comes pre-packed all sizes in one box. You get all the possible configurations right there. And if you read Rooster's thread, you'll be right as rain:

Hybrid Mask Adjustments: Just One Man’s Opinion
viewtopic.php?t=14422&highlight=rooster+hybrid

Best of luck to you!
B.

I currently have a stash of Nasal Aire II cannulas in Small or Extra Small. Please PM me if you would like them. I'm interested in bartering for something strange and wonderful that I don't currently own. Or a Large size NAII cannula. :)

new2

Post by new2 » Mon May 28, 2007 11:16 am

on the http://www.HYBRIDMASK.com they have new reimbursment information.
It looks like Medicare gave them a whole new set.

RosemaryB

Post by RosemaryB » Mon May 28, 2007 4:25 pm

I'm planning on getting a FF mask next time I'm due to get one. I tried on the hybrid at a fitting clinic and liked it, but also plan to try the new ResMed Liberty. Here's a link so you can see it. You might want to try both, since they are similar designs, but no doubt different in the way they fit.

http://www.resmed.com/en-us/products/ma ... -mask.html

Thread on how I overcame aerophagia
http://www.cpaptalk.com/viewtopic/t3383 ... hagia.html

Thread on my TAP III experience
http://www.cpaptalk.com/viewtopic/t3705 ... ges--.html

dllfo

Post by dllfo » Mon May 28, 2007 8:21 pm

I see some codes, but that doesn't mean Medicare will pay it. My wife was asking about the Hybrid. She has never tried a FF mask, might be a good time for her to do that

As for trying them on, that implies I leave the house. Apria delivers to me.
I leave the house for appt with a Dr. or the hospital tests. I have started passing out as I walk down the hall or wherever. I need to print this info out for the wife.

I hurt my right hip yesterday, so I had to lay on my left side. Blew cold air in her face all night. I used to sleep on my left side all the time until she griped about the cold air in her face.

Where does the Hybrid vent the air?

under software.

I LOVE the SV.