Trip from __LL and relief from CPAP.com

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
TerryB

Trip from __LL and relief from CPAP.com

Post by TerryB » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:51 am

Maybe somebody will be well served with this story.

Last week I made a routine business trip to the Sacramento area.
The routine was shattered when the flight attendant demonstrated the oxygen mask.
I said to myself, 'that would make a lousy CPAP mask', OH CRAP.
I have two machines, one in the bedroom and smaller one for travel, but I only have (had) one Swift FX.
I consciously decided to take the FX in the bedroom so disconnected the travel mask when I packed the travel machine.
But, when I got up Monday morning, I forgot to put the FX in the bag.
When I got on the ground in CA, I called CPAP.com and by Tuesday afternoon I had another FX.

I haven't gone without my therapy for over four years until Monday night and it was really nasty.
The motel had no comfortable spot except the bed so I tried to lay down.
Waking every ten minutes through the night (it seemed), and I had to put on a training course the next day.

Lesson learned, I can't miss my therapy and I need to prepare my traveling equipment carefully.

Best Regards,

TerryB

Slinky

Re: Trip from __LL and relief from CPAP.com

Post by Slinky » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:34 am

When I get a new mask, I put the old one in my travel PAP case. Assuming the old one still works well, of course. And so far it always has. knock, Knock, KNOCK.

My computer says I need to upgrade my brain to be compatible with its new software.