Wisp vs Dreamwisp?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
lucky7girl

Wisp vs Dreamwisp?

Post by lucky7girl » Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:26 pm

Hello!

New cpap user here! After trying on multiple masks, I have found the one that is most comfortable for me---Respironics Wisp! I love the cushion and the seal is great. However, I don't like the fact that the hose is in the way when I turn on my side.

I came across the Resironics DreamWisp. I noticed that there is reference to the Wisp cushion and connecting the hose to the top of the head is ideal (especially if I am turning on my side).

Looking for feedback from users who had the Wisp and has used the DreamWisp on:
1. Does the cushion from the Dreamwisp feel and seal the same as the same as the wisp?
2. What do you like about the Wisp vs the DreamWisp?
3. What don't you like about the DreamWisp vs the Wisp?

Thanks in advance!

Janknitz

Re: Wisp vs Dreamwisp?

Post by Janknitz » Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:59 pm

I liked the Wisp back in the day but have not tried the Dreamwisp.

I currently am using the Dreamwear and love it, but it's not the most stable mask if you move around a lot in your sleep. It's very easy to reseat the seal, and if I'm awake enough when moving (usually I am) I simply use a finger to hold the seal in place while I turn. It looks like the Dreamwisp solves that problem because there is a lot of headgear to give it stability. However, you will have some potential pressure issues with the Dreamwisp because of the hard frame on the nose piece and the bottom strap looks like it's going to ride up on my head. There are NO hard pieces on the Dreamwear, and it sits below the nose, not against the thin skin and nose cartilage on top of the nose. Here's what one reviewer said on CPAP.com:
I have the Dreamwear mask and love it but when I saw this, I thought it would be even better. It is not. The nose piece dug into the bridge of my nose even when the mask was loose. I wear a small nasal piece but even using the larger one I had this problem. The headgear caught me behind the ears and pinched. I found myself waking up many times a night to adjust the mask. On the fifth day, I had a red, swollen bump on my nose. So, I put the Dreamwear mask back on and sleep wonderfully with no pain, bumps or soreness. Lesson learned. Other than that, the mask was well made and the silicone frame was comfortable but this was not the mask for me.
Remember that the configuration of straps and the hose on the top of the head will change where the pressure points are for you with the Wisp mask. It won't be exactly the same.

Personally, I'm willing to give up some stability for the absolute comfort of the Dreamwear.

I know you didn't ask about the Dreamwear, but you might want to consider it unless stability is your greater concern.
What you need to know before you meet your DME http://tinyurl.com/2arffqx
Taming the Mirage Quattro http://tinyurl.com/2ft3lh8
Swift FX Fitting Guide http://tinyurl.com/22ur9ts
Don't Pay that Upcharge! http://tinyurl.com/2ck48rm

Elle

Post by Elle » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:21 am

Late to the topic but I tried the Wisp years ago and didn't get a good seal. I gave up on it.

I am now trying the Dreamwisp and it is the most comfortable mask I have used in my 13 years using cpap but I feel like I might not be getting as much air or struggle to exhale more.

I have always used nasal masks because I felt starved for air with nasal pillows (Breeze and P10)and the Dreamwisp might turn out to have the same problem (first night of use so will keep trying).

The one I keep returning to but it has been discontinued is the Fisher Paykep Eson original (didn't like the Eson 2).

So if you are used to a bit of diminished air from using pillows but want a great seal and really comfortable head gear I think the Dreamwisp is great.

bristolman

Post by bristolman » Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:33 pm

Ellie , sent you pm.
mike