Behavior in this Forum

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Elle

Re: Behavior in this Forum

Post by Elle » Sat May 02, 2015 9:50 pm

Mocking Aspergers...a new low. At least Tat lady is interesting and funny. You are just vile and I can see why many people don't return. It was a civilized forum in the old days. Sad that Pugsy's helpfulness will soon disappear as more people vacate. I blame the host.

Luckily my recently diagnosed with OSA sister (who has a child with Aspergers) made the decision early on that this was not a community she would want to be part of. I guess I have to face it that cpaptalk as it was no longer exists. Sad

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat May 02, 2015 9:56 pm

Elle wrote:Mocking Aspergers...
perhaps in your head, but I never mocked anyone.

I simply described, factually, someone that was in my life at one point.

it takes a special kind of low person to twist that into "mocking". but, then, we're all pretty much used to your contributions of nothing but anger and nastyness.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Elle

Post by Elle » Sat May 02, 2015 10:02 pm

As Churchill said: “Never engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man.”

I'm done.

Tatooed Lady

Post by Tatooed Lady » Sat May 02, 2015 10:02 pm

I love the Big Bang Theory...or I did when I was able to watch it. I haven't had a tv in the house or truck for regular viewing in about 4 years. I'm afraid I'm a bit behind on plots.
While I get wanting to tell someone to go fornicate alone in a corner...I fail to see how you figure PR mocked anyone there...I even reread what he posted.

As Bette Davis famously said, “Old age ain’t for sissies.”
I'm with the band.
So.Many.TOYS!

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat May 02, 2015 10:07 pm

Elle wrote:As Churchill said: “Never engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man.”

I'm done.
"Certainly, madam. I'd expect nothing else."

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

BlackSpinner

Post by BlackSpinner » Sat May 02, 2015 10:12 pm

Elle wrote:Mocking Aspergers...a new low. At least Tat lady is interesting and funny. You are just vile and I can see why many people don't return. It was a civilized forum in the old days. Sad that Pugsy's helpfulness will soon disappear as more people vacate. I blame the host.

Luckily my recently diagnosed with OSA sister (who has a child with Aspergers) made the decision early on that this was not a community she would want to be part of. I guess I have to face it that cpaptalk as it was no longer exists. Sad
That is BS. If we don't take offence at it why should you?

Your sister might want to rethink her decision if she wants to make her therapy really work for her.

71. The lame can ride on horseback, the one-handed drive cattle. The deaf, fight and be useful. To be blind is better than to be burnt on the pyre. No one gets good from a corpse. The Havamal

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat May 02, 2015 10:36 pm

BlackSpinner wrote:
perhaps elle is confused about aspergers and TBBT and Sheldon Cooper... people WITH autism and aspergers seem to like the association: https://www.autismspeaks.org/blog/2014/ ... don-cooper it seems like a rational mind would find a connection: https://www.google.com/search?client=ub ... 8&oe=utf-8 nothing mocking about it.

the period of my life that I shared with my friend that has aspergers, before I had ever heard of the term, was very trying, I simply did not understand why he was the way he was. it was only later, when I first heard about the syndrome, that so many things clicked, and I understood so much more about him.

it seems that elle is just always looking for an excuse to lash out at people.

ems

Post by ems » Sat May 02, 2015 11:36 pm

palerider wrote:
BlackSpinner wrote:
perhaps elle is confused about aspergers and TBBT and Sheldon Cooper... people WITH autism and aspergers seem to like the association: https://www.autismspeaks.org/blog/2014/ ... don-cooper it seems like a rational mind would find a connection: https://www.google.com/search?client=ub ... 8&oe=utf-8 nothing mocking about it.

the period of my life that I shared with my friend that has aspergers, before I had ever heard of the term, was very trying, I simply did not understand why he was the way he was. it was only later, when I first heard about the syndrome, that so many things clicked, and I understood so much more about him.

Oh wait, PLEASE wait a minute, let me quickly defend myself before people catch on to what I'm really all about!
If only the folks with sawdust for brains were as sweet and obliging and innocent as The Scarecrow! ~a friend~

ems

Post by ems » Sat May 02, 2015 11:42 pm

palerider wrote:it seems that elle is just always looking for an excuse to lash out at people.
If this wasn't such a joke, it would be sad! Try taking a good, long look in the mirror palerider... along with your faithful followers.
If only the folks with sawdust for brains were as sweet and obliging and innocent as The Scarecrow! ~a friend~

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun May 03, 2015 12:53 am

ems wrote:Oh wait, PLEASE wait a minute, let me quickly defend myself before people catch on to what I'm really all about!
why, bless your heart, you just go right ahead and work up your defenses...

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun May 03, 2015 12:56 am

ems wrote:
palerider wrote:it seems that elle is just always looking for an excuse to lash out at people.
If this wasn't such a joke, it would be sad! Try taking a good, long look in the mirror palerider... along with your faithful followers.
the hatred and vitriol that spews from you, does it cause you gastric distress?

49er

Post by 49er » Sun May 03, 2015 1:45 am

palerider wrote:
perhaps in your head, but I never mocked anyone.

I simply described, factually, someone that was in my life at one point.

it takes a special kind of low person to twist that into "mocking". but, then, we're all pretty much used to your contributions of nothing but anger and nastyness.
I actually agree that you weren't mocking the person with AS that you mentioned. However, you have been nothing but a bully on this forum which I find ironic in light of the fact you had an ex roommate with AS since that population group is a prime target for bullies. Yeah, you're nice to some people and you help them but others, who have done nothing to deserve it, end up being your targets. Maybe you need to look in the mirror first before complaining about other people.

And by the way, many people apologized for their behavior towards Enchanter, including Elle. So far, you haven't said a word although once Roby Sue spoke up, at least you were smart enough not to anything more about him. But it shouldn't haven't taken RS to say anything for people like you to stop ganging up on him.

49er

Morbius

Post by Morbius » Sun May 03, 2015 4:20 am

Papit wrote:Hey, I've got great idea!
Go watch "Groundhog Day" before you come up with any more "Great Ideas".

Player

Post by Player » Sun May 03, 2015 5:22 am

I am not up to speed on the issues here, but a few months ago I got a machine and joined this forum and another apnea forum. I found this forum nasty and rude, not just to me, but the overall tone of the board. So I never come here. I did just now because it was open on my browser from when I joined. Interesting that my sense of this place is shared by others.

Madalot

Post by Madalot » Sun May 03, 2015 7:08 am

This forum can be rough sometimes (people have referred to it as 'The Wild West') and sometimes, people can be downright rude and mean. Sad, but that's what people do when they can hide behind the anonymity of the internet. That's a definite downside to this forum not being moderated.

But other, moderated forums dictate what can be said including information that flows freely on this forum, like how to change your machines settings or how some medical professionals are absolutely clueless about sleep apnea and the treatment for it. For some, this information can be life changing and life saving.

You have to weigh the pros and cons on a forum like this and even though some people behave like undisciplined children, there are just as many, if not more, that give of themselves and help those in need. It outweighs the few that are jerks.

And I know this won't go over well, but there are some new people that need a good slap (or hit by a 2x4) because THEY'RE behaving like whiny or undisciplined children. And when they show up, obviously they get smacked pretty quickly.

Ah, but again, the anonymous nature of hiding behind a computer screen, feeling you can say whatever comes to your mind without any REAL consequences.

It is what it is.

People CAN come to this forum and READ READ READ and most likely get 90% of the information they need without ever having to post and subject themselves to other people and their responses. If they choose to post, like on ALL internet forums, they are inserting themselves into the community and will be received just like everyone else.

I suspect this will raise a few hackles, but WTH --

Yes, you have to be tough here. Sleep apnea is TOUGH. Getting help from the medical community (as a whole) is TOUGH. And to succeed at sleep apnea - you have to be TOUGH. If people run because of comments made here, they probably weren't tough enough to overcome sleep apnea anyway.