Small world - just glad foot is not in mouth

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
kteague

Small world - just glad foot is not in mouth

Post by kteague » Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:12 am

Who would have thought when talking with a tech in the chat room that they would be across town working at a sleep center where my first tests were performed long ago? What's the chances of that happening on this world wide web? Not the first time I've discovered connections on here, but this one was real close to home - literally. The other was someone who knows my son-in-law in another state. Just wondering who else has run into a "small world" situation on here?

Kathy

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:11 am

Kathy,

I won't go into details, but yeah, it's a small world.

Den

jaybee72

Post by jaybee72 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:14 am

When I posted I had found a good DME I had a PM from a guy that wanted to know where it was in case it was close to him. Turned out he lives about 5 miles from me. That's pretty close...

Post by Guest » Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:56 am

Wulfman... wrote:Kathy,
I won't go into details, but yeah, it's a small world.
Den
Wulflman has met my brother in law. Or at least his wife has. Nothing bad - BIL works on the road crew and was spotted clearing snow last winter when none of the other guys showed up.

I suspect I might have met JeffH in a Sonic drive-in in Kingfisher, OK in the summer of 1982. I was 17 at the time, so he won't admit it.

I think I've met several of you in another life. I suspect it's some kind of karmic retribution. I clearly was a very bad girl....

LOL,
B.

dieselgal

Post by dieselgal » Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:13 am

Anonymous wrote:

I think I've met several of you in another life. I suspect it's some kind of karmic retribution. I clearly was a very bad girl....

LOL,
B.
Hmmmm, I am troubled by the word WAS!

j.a.taylor

Post by j.a.taylor » Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:02 pm

Kathy,

"Foot in mouth", you have that disease too?

It really is a small world.

I once passed my uncle in San Diego's airport, but wasn't sure it was him (we hadn't seen each other in a few years).

At the time, I was moving back to Michigan, and he lived in Arizona. When I got home, I found out that my uncle had called my mom: He thought he'd passed me in the airport.

Neither of us had the courage to approach the other.

I was also once in an area sports stadium, with thousands of spectators, turned when someone bumped me, it was a close friend. I said something like "50,000 people, and I had to run into you!"
John A. Taylor

tillymarigold

Post by tillymarigold » Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:35 pm

There's someone on this site that I also know from one of my other favorite message board sites, that has nothing to do with CPAP. I realized when I posted in an open thread there about a problem with his DME and I realized he'd made the same post here.

drummergirl410

Post by drummergirl410 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:47 pm

I wasn't aware of how many people on the boards were from South Carolina. Usually I'm one of just a couple or the only one. This place has a few of us!
Joined the Hosehead Club on 7/26/2007 100% Compliant for four months... and counting!

oceanpearl

Post by oceanpearl » Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:54 pm

drummergirl410 wrote:I wasn't aware of how many people on the boards were from South Carolina. Usually I'm one of just a couple or the only one. This place has a few of us!
I am gonna be in Hilton Head from Nov 3 thru Nov 10th. My wife and I go there every year at this time.
I just want to go back to sleep!

stanta

Post by stanta » Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:12 pm

All of us hoseheads from North Dakota are actually related. We are all decendants from Ole Johnson who came to The US in 1864.
always a hosehead, almost a hoser.

AdmiralCougar

Post by AdmiralCougar » Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:21 pm

drummergirl410 wrote:I wasn't aware of how many people on the boards were from South Carolina. Usually I'm one of just a couple or the only one. This place has a few of us!
I've noticed the same about Portland Oregon... I've been surprised by the number of people from my actual town, er city...
Admiral Cougar

JennyLouWho

Post by JennyLouWho » Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:50 am

Add another fellow South Carolinian to the list!!! Hey y'all!

lilsheba

Post by lilsheba » Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:55 am

AdmiralCougar wrote:
I've noticed the same about Portland Oregon... I've been surprised by the number of people from my actual town, er city...
Admiral Cougar, you're in Portland? Me too...who on this board is from Portland? We ought to have a get together.

Post by Guest » Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:55 am

Blarg used to be from Portland, now he's from Australia.

I used to be from Portland, now I'm from Lakewood.

There's a fella NEAR Portland who posts in the Chatroom, but I haven't seen in him the Forum. I can't remember his name.... But I remember he's near Portland.

I'm CERTAIN there's a bunch of Intel geeks cruising this board but keeping their profiles low... Does Hillsboro count as "Portland"?

LOL,
Barbara

Post by Guest » Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:56 am

dieselgal wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

LOL,
B.
Hmmmm, I am troubled by the word WAS!
Well, see, I was referring to why I'm getting karmic retribution in THIS life. Clearly I was bad in a previous life. Now what's going to happen me in the NEXT life.... well, I suspect I'm coming back as a roach...

LOL,
B.