Replacement foam in a Resmed Airsense 11

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
TFal

Replacement foam in a Resmed Airsense 11

Post by TFal » Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:07 pm

Looking to replace the foam inside my Resmed Airsense 11 Cpap machine. I have been traveling and have picked up smells from places that I have stayed.
I have completely taken apart the machine on three occasions, wiped down all inside parts and sanitized the inside charcoal gray filters. At some point these filters will degrade and need to be replaced. Since the machines are so new there are no parts available. I can not purchase them from Resmed and the few companies they use to refurbish machines do not have filters for this machine. I also don't want to just remove the foam and run it without.

My question is if I try to make these filters myself, where can I get safe breathable foam to use for this project. Please don't suggest Philips Respronics as that would just be a sad joke.

sauerkraut

Re: Replacement foam in a Resmed Airsense 11

Post by sauerkraut » Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:59 am

TFal;
I believe Resmed doesn't permit their repair centers to sell internal parts to the
customer/end user of the machine .. I would think they can order any part
needed to repair a machine sent in for repair ..

To My limited knowledge the AS 11 does not have any internal charcoal filters ..
You may be mistaking grey sound deadening foam for filters ..
The only air filter on the machine is located at the left lower rear corner of the
machine behind a small perforated door .. About 1 inch by 2 inch ..
This filter may turn grey to black from use ..

If the sound foam has picked up odors .. Wash it with a mild unscented detergent ..
Dry by pressing between cotton or paper towel .. Do not twist .. Let air dry over night ..
Reassemble machine ..

Wash the exit tube, water tank, hose, and mask parts in the same detergent air dry
and use ..

If this doesn't solve the odor problem .. I think You will need to send the machine to
a Resmed repair center to have the foam and other air path parts replaced ..

I don't know of any foam You can buy that is certified breathing air safe !!
Resmed doesn't sell internal parts and won't allow the service center to sell parts
to the customer/end user ..

Good luck getting Your machine scent free !!