silverlining and encore

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
gailzee

Hi!

Post by gailzee » Sun Oct 02, 2005 8:29 am

A funny story, I actually called PB asking a question: re the brochure Well to say the least I was chewed up and spit out verbally by some dweeb whom, had I thought quickly when he asked me, "what company are you from" I could've said some bogus name and he would've answered my question no problem. I said to him, so let me get this straight, "I the customer/consumer have a question, you know the answer", but "you won't tell me because I am not a DME". He said ThAT"S RIGHT. How helpful was he!

thanks for nice welcome back from RG and Will Succeed.

Gailzee
rested gal wrote:The 420E doesn't lose the data if you change pressure via the software, so that makes it nicer in that respect.

I'm back to using a 420E again -- sooooo nice to see that big old graph I love so much! Such a sweet little machine.

Gail, I've thought about you often, going through what you and your husband have been going through health-wise. I'm glad to see you are back posting in your unique spunky fashion. LOL!! The "phantom".. LOL!!!

UKnowWhatInSeattle

Post by UKnowWhatInSeattle » Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:00 pm

I sorta find the Franglish Silverlining application charming. I was annoyed at first, but every time I choose "Downloading Compliance", I kinda chuckle. Overall, I find the software works pretty well.

Anyway, I needed to transition to a new laptop and (of course) I couldn't find my Silverlining install disk... I pulled the files off my old laptop and just got it running a couple of minutes ago. The secret I found was that there is a batch file called sl_rec.bat in the main folder and that makes all the subprograms know about themselves and updates registry settings.

Oh, I also had to get a USB to Serial adapter to get it to work.
--
-- Apnea and Snore Free since April '04
-- Support US Farmers; Switch to Biodiesel!
--

Sleepless on LI

Post by Sleepless on LI » Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:13 am

UKWIS,

This is off topic and I apologize, but this is the first time I've seen this photo up with your name. Do you mind if I use it in the "yearbook" I've compiled on this site? It is you, right, not a son or somebody else? I'm going to update it soon and you didn't post your photo on the Avatar thread, so I'm asking you first. I won't use it unless you want me to.

Thanks!
L o R i

UKnowWhatInSeattle

Post by UKnowWhatInSeattle » Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:39 am

Yep, that's me. Some may say it is a picture of a son of a... something. I think the photo is 7 or 8 years old... You certainly may use it in the yearbook.

Jim
--
-- Apnea and Snore Free since April '04
-- Support US Farmers; Switch to Biodiesel!
--

Sleepless on LI

Post by Sleepless on LI » Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:54 am

Jim,

Love the photo. Thanks for letting me include it. I will be updating the "Yearbook" on Friday for everyone to view.
L o R i