First month on new ASV

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
bwexler

First month on new ASV

Post by bwexler » Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:07 pm

After a month on my new Aircurve 10 ASV I have had a zero day and a 7.8 AHI day and everything in between including several days under 1.
No obvious pattern other than large leaks lead to higher pressure and larger leaks and higher AHI.
I have used 3 very different masks, Sleepweaver 3D, F&P 431 FFM and Wisp Nasal.
The 3D is least resistant to high pressure/ high leaks.
One thing I noticed is I may have been awake during periods of hi AHI. This may have been for a bathroom break, something unrelated or leaks waking me, different issues on different days.

SirGaspAlot

Re: First month on new ASV

Post by SirGaspAlot » Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:50 pm

Ive been on ASV since November, I was told Id have to use a full face mask for ASV because theres no way to control your mouth opening while you sleep, and I do as a matter of fact. My numbers got from .46 up to 4 and never have really gotten stable, but are less than 5. Id rather they were less but cant seem to get them there. Too much EPAP and my ears start blocking (also graced with eustacean tube "dysfunction"), 7 seems high to me, there may be some tweaks the folks here can suggest.

"If you always do what youve always done then youll always get what you always got"

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:55 pm

SirGaspAlot wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:50 pm
Ive been on ASV since November, I was told Id have to use a full face mask for ASV because theres no way to control your mouth opening while you sleep
Well....people control the mouth opening with ASV the same way they control it with cpap/apap.
That's an old wives tale you were told. We have people using ASV and nasal pillow masks....and I have even done it myself when I was playing with ASV.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Jas_williams

Post by Jas_williams » Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:19 pm

I use a resmed P10 nasal mask With my ASV I don’t tape and get some leakage but it does not affect my therapy generally

SirGaspAlot

Post by SirGaspAlot » Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:22 pm

Hmm, ok, gotcha.

Pugsy wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:55 pm
SirGaspAlot wrote:
Ive been on ASV since November, I was told Id have to use a full face mask for ASV because theres no way to control your mouth opening while you sleep
Well....people control the mouth opening with ASV the same way they control it with cpap/apap.
That's an old wives tale you were told. We have people using ASV and nasal pillow masks....and I have even done it myself when I was playing with ASV.

"If you always do what youve always done then youll always get what you always got"

Bons

Post by Bons » Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:14 pm

I've used a full face mask most of the time I've been on an ASV, and do tend to breathe through my mouth, at least until I fall asleep.

But during the warmest months I use a nasal mask with no problem. No leaks, even at inhalation pressures over 20... and my AHI is lower with a nasal mask.

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:30 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:55 pm
SirGaspAlot wrote:
That's an old wives tale you were told.
"old wives tale".... "ignorant lie"... potato, potahto.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.