Resmed AirMini or Breas Z2 Auto?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
cub4bearin

Resmed AirMini or Breas Z2 Auto?

Post by cub4bearin » Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:18 pm

simple as it is…. Which one is better?
Currently using Resmed Autosens 10.

Thank you.

jsmit86

Re: Resmed AirMini or Breas Z2 Auto?

Post by jsmit86 » Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:03 pm

I use the same main machine you have, the Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset. As many users report that unit is considered to be the best in terms of quality of therapy.

While I cannot speak to the Resmed Air Mini, I have seen some positive reviews. As long as you use one of the supported masks, it may be a good choice.

I have a Z2 Auto that I used for travel, and also for a period of a few months while waiting for a repair and replacement of my Airsense 10 Autoset unit about 3 years ago. I purchased the Z2 primarily due to the size of the unit, and also the price vs. the Air Mini. I paid about $550 if I remember correctly, and the unit is small enough to easily fit in my carry on luggage. You can use any mask.

All travel units are a bit noisier than your main unit. My Z2 did not bother me, but my wife had a bit of an issue with it. I was able to run it in my nightstand drawer with a pillow blocking the noise. I also was using a portable A/C unit in my bedroom for most of that time, and that masked the noise pretty much totally. The quality of the therapy was good, but not quite up to the level of the Resmed main unit.

As it happens, I have not been on a plane in 2 years, mostly due to the C19 pandemic. I have also been avoiding travel due to some medical issues related to my Asthma and Allergies. (I take refrigerated medication 2x a week, and I have a very difficult time wearing a mask for any length of time.) Due to not traveling, I have not used the Z2 for about 2 years. If you search my posts, you can see my review of the unit. I also posted on the CPAP.com review page. There are some tips there for noise abatement, including using on of the collapsible hoses. That made a big difference in the noise that transmits into the mask.

Overall I was pretty happy with the Z2 Auto considering the trade offs with any travel unit. I am not sure if it's still available, but I had a 30 day trial on the purchase. I had originally tried a Z1 Auto, but I was able to swap it for the Z2 during my trial period. There were multiple improvements vs the Z1, including the Z2 being substantially quieter.

Resmed Airsense 11 Autoset - Former Airsense 10 Autoset
Resmed Airtouch F20 Foam Mask
Travel unit HDM Z2 Auto

chunkyfrog

Re: Resmed AirMini or Breas Z2 Auto?

Post by chunkyfrog » Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:37 pm

I considered buying a Z2, but ended up investing in a Devillbiss Intellipap Autoadjust.
The Devillbiss plugs directly into the lighter port in our car.
A blessing for those rest area naps relished by us septuagenarians.