Pur Sleep Trial (for participants)

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
curvesarein

Pur Sleep Trial (for participants)

Post by curvesarein » Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:55 am

For those of us who were priveledged to try the pur sleep essential oils for our cpap machines.

I have used mine for two nights so far. I used the Lavender Blend Scent, will try a new one tonight. I was pleasantly surprised at how calming it was and how fast I drifted off to sleep. It was very pleasant and did not disturb my husband who doesn't like too much scent in a room. Make sure you post here on your experience and what is your favorite scent.

Linda
relaxed in Arizona

SleepGuy

Post by SleepGuy » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:53 pm

Linda, how much are you using? Any difficulties with dispensing the oils? How long did the smell last for you?

Believe it or not the straight lavender (Peace) actually keeps me up so I don't use it alone. Glad to hear you like it!
Try the Scented CPAP Mask with Pur-Sleep's CPAP Aromatherapy--CPAP Diffuser and Essential Oils.
"Love it, Love it, Love my PurSleep!"

SleepyNoMore

Re: Pur Sleep Trial (for participants)

Post by SleepyNoMore » Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:31 pm

curvesarein wrote:For those of us who were priveledged to try the pur sleep essential oils for our cpap machines.

I have used mine for two nights so far. I used the Lavender Blend Scent, will try a new one tonight. I was pleasantly surprised at how calming it was and how fast I drifted off to sleep. It was very pleasant and did not disturb my husband who doesn't like too much scent in a room. Make sure you post here on your experience and what is your favorite scent.

Linda
relaxed in Arizona

Thank You "SNOREDOG" will live in our Hearts forever...

May you always have
Love to Share,
Health to Spare,
and Friends that Care. :)

curvesarein

Reply to Sleepguy

Post by curvesarein » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:52 am

I use 2 drops on the diffuser pad. It last for about two hours probably. If I wake up it is a very faint smell. I didn't switch to the other scents though yet, because this is the one I like! I am not fond of the clear or spice. But that is just my taste I am sure. As you know I ordered the Paradise and the Rosa. I think I will really like those!
Linda

linuxgrl

Post by linuxgrl » Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:05 am

I'm really loving my Pur Sleep so far! I just put 2 drops on the diffuser and that actually lasts me about 2 days. The first night is usually a lot stronger but when I tried it the second night, I thought "hey, I can still smell it!" so I didn't add any more. I've tried Spice and Clear so far and I think I like Spice better. It's perhaps less relaxing but more pleasant to smell. This product is absolute genius.

RipVW

Loving Pur-Sleep!

Post by RipVW » Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:33 pm

I've used the Pur-Sleep trial oils for 3 nights now--it really is a great product. I've never used any kind of aroma therapy before, but this does make my CPAP experience much more pleasant.

I read others' postings about dispensing the product by tipping the bottles (too much coming out of the bottles, I believe), so I just hold the pad over the bottle and tip it 2-3 times in different spots. That seems to dispense just the right amount.

Thanks again, SleepGuy!!

Ted

Check out my chinstrap--> http://cpapchinstraps.com

curvesarein

Dispensing the oils

Post by curvesarein » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:47 pm

Someone mentioned dispensing the oils. I do think they come out quite easily, so I will try putting the pad over the bottle and do it that way. I noticed today, after two nights, just sitting in bed reading I could smell the scent. So don't think you need to put it on every night after two or three nights. I am trying the Spice tonight. My mask has been leaking and discovered it has a crack at a seam, so trying to glue it. Those darn Breeze masks last about 7 months tops, I might have gotten a little more out of this one. I don't care for the full nose one of theirs. They did away with being able to move the strap lower and it won't stay stable on my face.

Thanks to pur sleep that I had any decent sleep at all for the last two nights.

Linda

Treesap

Post by Treesap » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:08 pm

I got better sleep last night. I used spice. I liked it. Hubby didn't because it reminded him of someone we know who smoked clove cigarettes. I've tried all 3. I like Clear the best.

I seem to always dump way too much on the diffuser though. Oh well....I like strong scent!

I did sleep better last night. Tonight I am heading to bed right when I finish this post. It is almost 9:10. I AM going to get more sleep.

Ciao!
Work like you don't need the money;
Love like you've never been hurt;
Dance like nobody's watching.

RipVW

"Clear" Cleared!

Post by RipVW » Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:49 am

Well, I used Clear for the first time last night--I've been dealing with nasal congestion for the past couple of weeks, waking up a night unable to breath through my nose. Not last night! Wondering if that's why SleepGuy called this aroma "Clear." Oh, this was wonderful!

Ted
Check out my chinstrap--> http://cpapchinstraps.com

babydoss

Post by babydoss » Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:28 am

Nites 3 & 4

Nite 3: Used Clear and hubby & I did not sleep well at all that night. Maybe it was a coincidence?

Nite 4: Last night we switched back to Peace and once I got to sleep I slept a deep sleep ALL night. Hubby (who is the Cpaper) said he slept wonderfully too!

I am a little scared to try the Spice because it may be too strong. We will stick to the Peace for a while.

Thanks so much!
Lee

needels

Post by needels » Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:01 am

I got brave enough to try Clear again last night. I only used one drop on the pad I had previously stored in the plastic bag.

I agree with Ted, Clear really does help with any congestion.

Any time I woke up to turn over, I could still notice the faint scent. It wasn't at all strong like it was that first time when I used too much (3 drops).

Of the 3 scents I have to say Spice is my favorite, but I will be trying others!

Laura

curvesarein

Spice

Post by curvesarein » Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:42 am

Hi,
I tried Spice last night, did not care for it, but I don't like the smell of cloves. I like the Peace and now that I have read the posts I will try clear next. (not because I like peppermint, but because I have nasal congestion too from allergies to dust etc)
Anyone like to trade a Spice for a Peace?
I could put it in a bubble wrap and mail and you could do the same. Better than not using it at all.
Thanks,
Linda

Hoover

Post by Hoover » Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:16 am

I just received my samples - thank you SleepGuy!

I tried Peace last night and as others have mentioned I had trouble dispensing and at least 3 drops came out and the scent was really strong. I moved it away from the intake and then turned the pad upside down. Went to sleep easily. Woke up at 4 (as is usual for me), went to the bathroom, petted my dog and masked up and the scent was so strong I had to remove it entirely from the bedroom. Will wash out the pad and see if it has enough scent left - otherwise will try the technique previously mentioned not to get too much scent. I'm gong to stick with Peace for several days but am really looking forward to the others too.

Thanks again for allowing me to participate. Btw, SleepGuy is this what you mean by feedback or would you like something more formal?

curvesarein

Trade Spice for Peace Anyone?

Post by curvesarein » Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:42 pm

Anyone like the Spice well enough to trade for a Peace or Possibly Clear (I have to try that one tonight). I thought this would be better than waisting it.
Thanks,
Linda

babydoss

Post by babydoss » Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:32 pm

I'd like to trade my Spice for Peace as well. I have not used it. I just opened it to smell it and I like cloves, but don't think I would like to go to sleep with it.

Please send me a pm and we can arrange the switch.

Sweet dreams,
Lee