Easy release/connect for mask hose

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
zonker

Re: Easy release/connect for mask hose

Post by zonker » Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:26 pm

ChicagoGranny wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:03 pm
zonker wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:41 pm
zonker does NOT encourage the use of soclean
Going with the built-in model?

~.JPG
the SOOPER economy size!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

amarnina

Post by amarnina » Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:41 pm

Quick Release discussion,'

[IMPORTANT UPDATE: This is a later edit a week or so after original post which follows below, in that I have found that the quick release that I bought just needed to get "broken in" a little so the squeeze clasps would loosen up and it works quite nicely now exactly as designed and expected andmakes disconnecting from the hose out of my machine quite easy with re-fastening just as easy].

Sorry, but I looked and didn't find how to officially copy and paste for reference from another post so I have simply copied and pasted it below in the customary fashion.

I have a Chihuahua going on 15 years old that has to get up to go out to her wee=wee crate 4 - 5 times every night and I use the tap-pap CPAP mask with the teeth support retainer in the mouth to hold nasal pillows in place and wrenching it off every time was loosening a tooth in my mouth so I've resized to loosen the grip on my teeth and now don't remove it until I get up and am finished with treatment easing my situation considerably. Now The tap-pap is supposed to have a quick release built into the hose that is a swivel and for the life of me I cannot find the trick to get it to come apart EASILY either so I have purchased a 3rd party quick disconnect with the two pressure clips to connect and release however what Pugsy instructed about these back in July 2020 which I have copied and pasted below is ABSOLUTELY CORRECT. If you push the male portion into the female portion containing the two pressure clasps by the time it is in far enough for the clasps to ALMOST connect with the ring to grasp to keep them together and do their job the two pieces are so snugged together they are already almost impossible to get back apart so you are defeating the purpose.

Wondering if anyone has since come across any tricks for easier separation? Getting them apart while I'm awake in the lit room looking closely at the two parts is one thing, tackling it in the middle of the night upon awakening NOT SO MUCH.

Any help would be appreciated.

Post by Pugsy » Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:14 pm
Okay...I found it (had 3 of them) and another coupler that has a very short hose.
Both will fit the P10 and the long hose.
Tell her not to cram them in too tight into the mask hose or she will have the same trouble as she does now.
They are a bit easier to detached but not a lot easier. There's a fine line between snug enough to withstand moving in the bed and pulling on the mask hose and staying together and being easy to disconnect.
Last edited by amarnina on Fri Mar 01, 2024 8:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:29 am

amarnina wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:41 pm
Sorry, but I looked and didn't find how to officially copy and paste for reference from another post so I have simply copied and pasted it below in the customary fashion.
Please check the dates before replying. The OP was four years ago.

stevenal

Post by stevenal » Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:23 pm

AirSence 10 Autoset, Dreamstation 2 backup, Swift FX, Z1 for travel.