remstar E-24 code ?????

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Brian G

remstar E-24 code ?????

Post by Brian G » Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:33 pm

I have a remstar plus that is showing an E-24 code and is not working at proper pressure. Does anybody know what the problem is and how to fix it. I'd like to sleep tonight.


Posts: 5367
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2005 7:06 pm


Post by -SWS » Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:28 pm

See these threads about E-24: ... hlight=e24 ... hlight=e24

You mentioned nothing more than having a "Remstar Plus" (with no additional version, suffix, or release information) . Note yours may or may not be the Remstar models referred to above.

User avatar
Posts: 7005
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2005 6:53 am
Location: Near the coast.

Post by dsm » Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:53 pm


This is a wild guess but is there any chance water may have got into the machine from the heated humidifier ?

If this is a c/flex model, then it is going to have a pressure sensor air line.

If it is an Auto it will also have flow sensor pairs & air lines.

If even a little bit of water gets into one of these air lines, it disrupts the pressure readings & that might casuse the error mentioned.

If you don't believe there is any chance that water got into the airlines (assuming it is a model with them) then I am not sure what else might cause it.

Here are some pics of what the air lines look like (this is a Remstar Auto). ... index.html


xPAP and Quattro std mask (plus a pad-a-cheek anti-leak strap)

User avatar
Posts: 595
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 5:41 pm
Location: Left Coast

Post by Ric » Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:24 pm

FWIW department, the last (and only) time I got an E-24 was when I dismantled my Remstar AUTO (just to see what makes it tick). I also had this notion that after using it for 2000+ hours I should dust/clean/sanitize everything under the hood, which I did using mostly isopropyl alcohol. It was actually surprisingly clean on the leeward side of the double filters. But when I reassembled it, E-24 !!!

Next I took it all apart again (about 10 minute task), gently blow-dried everything yet once again using a canister type "dust-off" air blower (same as I use on cameras and electronic stuff). Emphasis on G-E-N-T-L-Y, some of the widgets in there are probably D-E-L-I-C-A-T-E, no doubt, particulary the flow sensor DSM was mentioning. Then snugged everything back together this time somewhat extra tight. And VOILA! no error code.

I probably would not be quite to brave if I didn't have a spare in the closet, (which I purchased a few months back when I flew to Ontario California, and my baggage flew to Ontario CANADA !!!) That's the other take-home lesson: HANDCUFF YOURSELF TO YOUR CPAP WHEN YOU TRAVEL. From now on, if my APAP decides to vacation in Tahiti, I'm going with it.

Brian, you might get by with just snugging the connections together just a little tighter. If as DSM suggests you got some water in there, or a spider or a dustball or a tumbleweed, then it will probably require some minor surgery.

CAVEAT: I may have invalidated one or more warranties doing what I did, but don't care, had to do it, and I will probably do it again. But that might be an issue for some machines. Also having it apart there are lots of ways to screw up putting it back together if one is not accustomed to doing that sort of thing, or if one does not naturally make a passtime of disassembling clocks, old typewriters, hard drives, calliopes etc., and reassembling them, in the dark, for sport. I'm not actually advising anybody try this on a living breathing CPAP machine that you might rely on for a good night's sleep.

Good luck !


He who dies with the most masks wins.