Auto PAP Low Pressure Setting

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
IWannaSleep

Auto PAP Low Pressure Setting

Post by IWannaSleep » Sun Jul 31, 2005 11:30 am

Lately there have been a lot of questions about the low pressure setting of the pressure range on auto pap machines. I thought I would pass along the advice given to me from my sleep technicians at my health care provider.

This will only be helpful for those with the software to view the data your machine collects. But, you'll notice in the data, they always mark the "90%" time at pressure. They recommend the low pressure setting of your auto range be set to the 90% pressure point. This is so you cut off the majority of events which occur at pressures below this point. Otherwise you are waiting for the events to occur and for your machine to gradually adjust pressure to prevent further events.

The key to this working is to adjust to breathing at the 90% pressure, and it may take time for you to make this adjustment. In this case they recommend gradually increasing the low pressure setting over time until you are breathing comfortably at your 90% pressure when your machine starts up. For me, I now find it easy to breath right away at my 9cm with no ramp and with cflex off. It feels normal to me.

Ron

9 cm h2o

seagulll

Post by seagulll » Sun Jul 31, 2005 12:01 pm

Thanks for that info.