Woke Up Gasping

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Airyhead

Re: Woke Up Gasping

Post by Airyhead » Wed May 15, 2024 2:35 pm

Thanks Pugsy! Good to know. I actually have a Resmed Aircurve 10S not an auto despite my tag line. I couldn't find a plain 10S on the equipment drop down when I registered.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed May 15, 2024 3:57 pm

Ahhhhh.
Then you simply won't have the flow limitation graph to evaluate since you don't have auto mode.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed May 15, 2024 3:58 pm

You might add your machine model to your comments section of your profile since it isn't available from the equipment menu. Will avoid confusion later.
Just don't choose a machine from the drop down menu.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

vandownbytheriver

Post by vandownbytheriver » Wed May 15, 2024 9:28 pm

Airyhead wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 9:05 am
Just a FYI. Troubling shooting the odd data that SleepHQ reported, I downloaded the SD card to the SleepHQ site from my PC instead of from my iPhone and the anomalies went away. But also just now seeing that there is no flow limit data from the Resmed 10S. The Resmed 11 did report that data. Does anyone know if this is normal for the 10s data set?
As Pugsy noted, you don't get FL data with the S. I can see flat-topping on your breaths, you probably need to go up in pressure some more. You're still getting CA's... keep working that pressure up. Zoom into Breathing at 10:45:40 to :50, see the flat tops? Those are FL's. Bi-level is meant to punch those up... but at these lower pressures you'll get more CA's if you increase iPap diff to ePap. You're not really close to what I consider bi-level cm's... I paid big bux for a lab bi-level titration, entirely worth it.

Airyhead

Post by Airyhead » Thu May 16, 2024 8:25 am

vandownbytheriver wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 9:28 pm
As Pugsy noted, you don't get FL data with the S. I can see flat-topping on your breaths, you probably need to go up in pressure some more. You're still getting CA's... keep working that pressure up. Zoom into Breathing at 10:45:40 to :50, see the flat tops? Those are FL's. Bi-level is meant to punch those up... but at these lower pressures you'll get more CA's if you increase iPap diff to ePap. You're not really close to what I consider bi-level cm's... I paid big bux for a lab bi-level titration, entirely worth it.
I do see several "Flat-tops" throughout the night as well as some PS ripples with exhalations. What's interesting to see is in the past when I would get these disruptions my breathing would become very unstable, as in periodic breathing, (reminds of the Tacoma Narrows Bridge oscillations videos from the 1940's) and eventually end in a 20 second CA,..,,and then repeat. I seem to recover better with these new settings and have fewer CA's following these events.

I have had Aerophagia at pressures much above where I am now so am slow to go higher. I'm still having leak and rain-out problems and would like to get those settled before moving up. Over-all I'm encouraged by the improvements and very much appreciate the interest and help. Today's SleepHQ https://sleephq.com/public/d364deeb-ea9 ... 6172771f38

Pugsy, thanks for the advice on the equipment. I've changed the settings so will see how this looks now.