Icon+ Auto versus Airsense 10 Autoset

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
jweiner

Icon+ Auto versus Airsense 10 Autoset

Post by jweiner » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:58 pm

I was wondering if someone could please offer me an opinion about how these two autopap unites compare. I am looking to replace my current unit and not sure which new unit to purchase. Thanks in advance for any help.

LSAT

Re: Icon+ Auto versus Airsense 10 Autoset

Post by LSAT » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:17 pm

Airsense 10 Autoset +++++++

JimW159

Post by JimW159 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:35 pm

jweiner wrote:I was wondering if someone could please offer me an opinion about how these two autopap unites compare. I am looking to replace my current unit and not sure which new unit to purchase. Thanks in advance for any help.
Assuming the DreamStation listed in your profile is correct, what specifically do you find lacking or problematical in its performance? What would you like to see added or changed to make it acceptable?

Holden4th

Post by Holden4th » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:13 am

When first diagnosed I decided to rent for a while to see if I could tolerate PAP therapy.

My first machine was the Icon Auto and it was initially set to fixed pressure. I joined this forum and learned how to set it to Auto. The results were not good and my AHI varied from a low of 4.0 to a high of 29. Advice from here enabled me to change to the Resmed S9 (after talking my GP into writing a script for a Resmed Auto). The effect/improvement was instantaneous and I finally found PAP therapy working for me. Like LSAT said, the Resmed is the way to go and I can vouch for that having used both.

alexcue

Post by alexcue » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:42 am

I know nothing about the Icon+, but the the ResMed Airsense 9 and 8 before it were the best for me.. I'v used the PR products before and their algorithms just don't work for ME. I have to make a concerted effort to not feel like I'm suffocating with it, and that just causes anxiety for me. I've messed with all their settings, and I just finally sprung for an APAP. Once again, tried the PR product and it just didn't fit the bill for me. Expensive experiment. With the ResMed, I'm asleep in minutes after putting it on.