OT: Getting tapatalk view on first refresh of forum?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
RogerSC

OT: Getting tapatalk view on first refresh of forum?

Post by RogerSC » Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:23 am

Just wondering if others are seeing something odd here that I've been seeing lately. When I go away from the forum for a couple of hours and come back and refresh via "Home" or browser reload, I get what looks like a character-oriented format forum. Or maybe it's a lowest common denominator format that's compatible with tapatalk, not sure since I never see it on any of the other forums that I use, and I don't use tapatalk. I turned on "developer tools" in the Chrome browser here and it looked like my browser was erroring out on getting the tapatalk detection javascript downloaded, causing it to default to tapatalk format. Kind of guessing here from what I'm seeing. On a second click on "Home" or browser reload, I get the full graphical forum format that I expect. This started some time ago, and I'm wondering if this is a problem on my end or if others are seeing this as well.

I've been considering giving Firefox quantum a try, it does seem faster than Chrome from a quick trial, but that may make the problem worse since it may be the speed of my desktop that's causing me to see this. Another guess *smile*.

Thanks.

zonker

Re: OT: Getting tapatalk view on first refresh of forum?

Post by zonker » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:31 am

nope, i'm on chrome myself-in fact a chromebook-but i don't see what you are seeing on refresh.
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:42 am

Never having used tapatalk I am not exactly sure what you are seeing but I think I might have. First refresh gives me weird looking forum selection format and second refresh brings it back to what I normally see.
For a while I used to see this daily and sometimes multiple times during the day but it hasn't been happening as much here lately.
Using FireFox so if what I am seeing is what you are seeing I don't think changing browsers to FireFox will fix it.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Lucyhere

Post by Lucyhere » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:20 pm

RogerSC wrote:I've been considering giving Firefox quantum a try, it does seem faster than Chrome from a quick trial, but that may make the problem worse since it may be the speed of my desktop that's causing me to see this. Another guess *smile*.

Thanks.

A few weeks ago Firefox introduced a new version. It's faster and I like it a lot. No problems when I refresh any site. You could give Firefox a try and delete if you aren't happy. I'm also thinking about Edge... maybe.
Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset for her w/humid air/heated Humidifier
Bleep/P10

RogerSC

Post by RogerSC » Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:34 pm

Pugsy wrote:Never having used tapatalk I am not exactly sure what you are seeing but I think I might have. First refresh gives me weird looking forum selection format and second refresh brings it back to what I normally see.
For a while I used to see this daily and sometimes multiple times during the day but it hasn't been happening as much here lately.
Using FireFox so if what I am seeing is what you are seeing I don't think changing browsers to FireFox will fix it.
Yeah, that's it, weird format. I'm guessing tapatalk from the errors that I saw on the Chrome developers console.

Oh well, guess that I'm living in my own little world here...it isn't the worst thing to have to reload twice, just annoying *smile*.

Krelvin

Post by Krelvin » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:00 pm

I use both Tapatalk while on my phone and the forum in fullscreen mode on my notebook or desktop. I used chrome as my primary browser for the desktop/notebook and have FF and Edge but really only use that for validating website designs.

Never seen an issue like being reported. It is possible that you have an extension which might be causing the problem. try turning them off and see if it still happens.

BTW, If i look at the developer tools, I do see errors but it doesn't effect the regular view.

Current Settings PS 4.0 over 10.6-18.0 (cmH2O) - Resmed S9 VPAP Auto w/h5i Humidifier - Quattro Air FFM
TNET Sleep Resource Pages - CPAP Machine Database
Put your equip in your Signature - SleepyHead v1.0.0-beta-1
Kevin... alias Krelvin

nicholasjh1

Post by nicholasjh1 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:04 pm

This happens randomly on my phone on various sites, and even on the PC. I doubt it has much to do with this site. It seems to be a pretty common defect. Can't help you except to say you're not crazy. Only cure I've found is refresh as well. It seems to happen when I'm having bandwidth problems.
Instead of Sleep apnea it should be called "Sleep deprivation, starving of oxygen, being poisoned by high CO2 levels, damaging the body and brain while it's supposed to be healing so that you constantly get worse and can never get healthy Apnea"