Lincare CPAP Supplies

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Tballinusa

Lincare CPAP Supplies

Post by Tballinusa » Thu May 14, 2020 10:40 am

I was thinking of using Lincare as my DME. I can’t seem to find a complete list of masks, supplies, machines nothing. All they say on the website is “we carry all major brand”. Has anyone found a place on Lincare’s website that has such a list?

ChicagoGranny

Re: Lincare CPAP Supplies

Post by ChicagoGranny » Thu May 14, 2020 11:45 am

If you just want to scroll through various mask information, go to our forum sponsor's website - cpap.com.

There is plenty of information on each mask. Lincare should be able to get you any mask on the site.

Cardsfan

Post by Cardsfan » Thu May 14, 2020 12:31 pm

I use Lincare. Depending on who you talk to, the response to any question has 15 different answers if you ask 15 different people. With my last order, I was told I needed to go in for a fitting since I was switching masks back to my original mask. I said I am using that mask right now, I know it fits. But that person wouldn't budge, insisted I needed an "in person" fitting, even it it is an epidemic going on right now. So I said forget it. A week later, I called Lincare again and they told me "we don't carry that mask". Then I called my Local Lincare and they had one that they mailed to me. Good luck.
The machine Lincare provided me was Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset. Non heated hoses and filters are generic. Heated hoses are brand names.

Last edited by Cardsfan on Thu May 14, 2020 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Thu May 14, 2020 12:35 pm

Above all, NEVER authorize automatic shipping.
That move could open the gates of hell.

Lifeisabeach

Post by Lifeisabeach » Thu May 14, 2020 2:04 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 12:35 pm
Above all, NEVER authorize automatic shipping.
That move could open the gates of hell.
Truer words have never been said. I use Lincare somewhat begrudgingly but the alternatives reportedly are worse. One of the more aggravating experiences I had was that despite placing an order via their web portal after getting a monthly email reminder, they called me ANYWAY to let me know that I didn't order filters and wanted to make sure I didn't need them also. That despite the fact that I had to deliberately indicate 0 needed and x number on hand for those when ordering what I did need out of the list.

One other issue I have with them is that if you don't place an order from the email reminder within a couple days of getting the reminder, they will start calling. Now, I'm on DND mode more or less permanently due to spam, but I also work overnights in the middle of the week so I don't need to be getting non-emergent calls. My DND mode can be bypassed by calling back quickly, and apparently Lincare has figured this out because they have twice done that exactly. So now their number is simply blocked.

carmantl

Post by carmantl » Sat May 16, 2020 11:56 am

In my opinion, Lincare completely sux. The phone call nagging never stops. Normal 6 month order of mask, 6 cushions and machine filters, heated tube and new water container. They charged me $251.00 AFTER INSURANCE. I can buy all the above for about $100.00 on Amazon!