Insurance problem cpap.com

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Mr-Sleepy-Oak

Insurance problem cpap.com

Post by Mr-Sleepy-Oak » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:26 am

Hi All,
I have an insurance question: In your experience will insurance companies reimburse purchases made on cpap.com? I'm trying to get my CPAP machine reimbursed out of network through my insurance. I send them the receipts, they send a letter to CPAP.com asking for proof, of course CPAP.com doesn't work with insurance companies so they don't respond, and then weeks later my claim is denied. Happened about three or four times.

Is it that purchase from cpap.com are not eligible for out of network claims as well?

Thanks!

Pugsy

Re: Insurance problem cpap.com

Post by Pugsy » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:34 am

It depends on the insurance company but in general, online purchases from places like cpap.com aren't reimbursed by most insurance companies.
At best it might be considered an out of network purchase paid at a reduced rate but most of the time not not a covered provider at all and no reimbursement will happen.

Cpap.com used to furnish a universal insurance form for private submission to insurance....did they not furnish you with one? It was emailed to me when I purchased a mask years ago but I don't remember if they quit doing that now or not. On that universal form was all the information needed for filing a claim....diagnosis code, HCPCS billing codes, address and tax ID number of cpap.com.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

coconur

Re: Insurance problem cpap.com

Post by coconur » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:16 pm

Pugsy wrote:Cpap.com used to furnish a universal insurance form for private submission to insurance....did they not furnish you with one? It was emailed to me when I purchased a mask years ago but I don't remember if they quit doing that now or not. On that universal form was all the information needed for filing a claim....diagnosis code, HCPCS billing codes, address and tax ID number of cpap.com.
The last two times I purchased from them, I didn't receive a form by email, but there is a link to an insurance form on the website. There's one in the fine print at the bottom of the page under "order info", but I remember seeing a larger, more prominent link while I was checking out as well.