Help with security? {Canada)

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Julie

Re: Help with security? {Canada)

Post by Julie » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:20 am

Try Googling 'reviews of..." the company and see what they say. I understand where you're coming from but this is a Cpap forum and the majority of us (myself excluded) are from the U.S. We don't generally get involved in reviewing Toronto security firms... not really appropriate for this forum.

BS

Post by BS » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:27 am

Julie wrote:Try Googling 'reviews of..." the company and see what they say. I understand where you're coming from but this is a Cpap forum and the majority of us (myself excluded) are from the U. S. We don't generally get involved in reviewing Toronto security firms... not really appropriate for this forum.
It appears that

ryan_vice
Is another spammer.

Julie

Post by Julie » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:37 am

Mmm, I kind of wondered, but you never know with people!

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:37 am

xxyzx wrote: one post makes him a spammer ??
Yep...it only takes one.

The entire thread will eventually get removed and the offender will get a message that spamming isn't allowed and he will be blocked from using that forum member ID again.
He only registered so he could post the spam link. Sneaky spam presenting it like he really wanted information.
If I had seen the first post before Julie replied I would have removed it.
Now I can't without removing forum member posts so I won't. I will let Carolyn do it. She has been notified.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:20 pm

I use Smith & Weston, I just pull the trigger, help comes out of the barrel. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:22 pm

Goofproof wrote:I use Smith & Weston, I just pull the trigger, help comes out of the barrel. Jim
I have one of those myself.
Have it close by at all time and primed and ready for action.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Newbie312

Post by Newbie312 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:28 pm

I actually work in Security Industry. No idea about company in OP but some people do get security systems to alert then when someone tries to leave the house so they don't get lost or hurt themselves.

That said I'm not sure if Canada offers this but even Iris from Lowe's could be used and not have to pay for someone to monitor system if that's all they want.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:07 pm

Cpap questions only, please.
Spam will be removed.

Post by Guest » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:08 pm

I don't know any thing about them, but I hear this outfit being advertised alot.
You might see if they do business in Canada.

simplisafe (dot) com

For me, I use "Smith & Wesson", too. ( and Colt and Remington and Winchester, etc. )

Soothest Sleep

Post by Soothest Sleep » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:07 am

Ryan,

If you are sincerely looking for a home security contractor . . .then I will treat your query as an OT thread:

Ask your family, friends, and other local contacts for their recommendations.

Go to homestars.com (which provides reviews for all kinds of residential contractors in Canada), and search for home security or alarm systems in your location. I suggest you concentrate on companies that have a large number of reviews (in the hundreds, rather than in the tens), as it is unlikely a company could get that many employees to pad the reviews. Pay attention to the lower rated reviews so you get an idea of what people have not liked about the service. Read this page to learn about the site's review process: https://homestars.com/trust

Check out the company websites.

Get quotes from at least 3 companies before making a decision or signing a contract.

You can also get information from the Better Business Bureau about how a given company deals with consumer problems reported to the Bureau. And they can also probably tell you other "consumer be aware/beware" tips.

Trust your gut; if something doesn't feel right about the deal, don't sign it unless or until you are satisfied with the information you have obtained.

Good luck.

[Disclaimer: I have no relationship with Homestars, other than being a satisfied user of the site.]
O soft embalmer of the still midnight,
Shutting, with careful fingers and benign,
Our gloom-pleas'd eyes, embower'd from the light,
Enshaded in forgetfulness divine
-- John Keats

49er

Post by 49er » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:18 am

I reread Ryan's post several times and I fail to see how anyone thought this could be spam. I understand the concern about spammers but at the time, I feel this situation called for giving him the benefit of the doubt, particularly since he mentioned his dad has sleep apnea and Alzheimer's.

If he did turn out to be a spammer, Carolyn still could have been notified to remove the thread. I just feel there was no need to rush to delete his post.

As far as posting a non cpap question, there is not a rule against that. If you can't answer the person's question, there is a simple solution. Move on to the next post.

49er

Julie

Post by Julie » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:59 am

Because it was so OT, I felt it quite possible that he was trying to get publicity for the firm even if in a very misplaced way (Cpap forum), but wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt. I also agree that some people are too quick to act however... there always seems to be time for banning, etc. but not always time for a second look. After all, what has been (in the past) the outcome of real spam getting through on occasion - no one has died, no one been taken great advantage of who probably would not have been anyway somewhere at some time - we can't police what grown people do in their lives after all, and while of course we don't want the forum to become a place for commercial gain, erring on the side of decency one time is not a reason for such immediate harshness.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:01 am

49er wrote: was no need to rush to delete his post.
Nothing was deleted....by me anyway. I can't see back far enough now using the Reply to trick to see if someone else removed anything.

It was reported to Carolyn though, but she hasn't been here lately to answer PMs so I have no idea when/if anything will be done.

Hell, let it stand.
It certainly isn't any worse than the other crap going on here.

Lucyhere

Post by Lucyhere » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:30 am

ryan_vice wrote:
Are there any carers here who have dealt with them in the past or could you recommend one whose services are great value for money? Thanks, help would be appreciated.
It will be interesting to see if the OP posts again. Personally, I wouldn't have thought his post was spam.

We recently purchased an alarm system (not the one he mentioned) and we're very happy with it. We live in a two story house and feel more comfortable knowing if anything was going on downstairs we would know it in less than 2 seconds. We got one that we easily installed ourselves... no monthly fee unless you choose to be connected to the police station. I won't post the name here, but if you want to know, PM me.
Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset for her w/humid air/heated Humidifier
Bleep/P10