A terrible night/day

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
TiredTexan

A terrible night/day

Post by TiredTexan » Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:14 pm

I have been using my APAP for about 3 months now. I use it every night without fail. As a matter of fact, I don't know if I could sleep without it. My head would keep me awake. My terrible snoring, according to my Wife, has stopped. My trips to the bathroom after going to bed has fallen to once, sometimes twice.

All good huh!? Some days in the past and all this last week, I have been exhausted. I don't mean tired. I mean exhausted. I work all day looking at a computer screen. This week, by 2pm, I was having problems reading the screen. My eyes were blood shot. I was doing those bone-stretching stretches and deep yawns. Yes, I wear glasses and I will be getting the checked by my optometrist.

I went to bed last night at 10pm and was awoken around midnight by my Wife saying she needed to go to the emergency room because her throat and tongue was swelling. I was SO tired, I could hardly move. My Wife was rushing to get dressed and I was in a coma. I stumbled around until I finally got some clothes on and off we went. She was having an allergic reaction to Lisinopril. Some IVs and she is fine.

Me, on the other hand, am wondering what the heck is going on. Is this APAP usage helping ME???? Is my work routine wearing me out? I just don't know right now.
Last edited by TiredTexan on Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pugsy

Re: A terrible nigh/day

Post by Pugsy » Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:20 pm

So not counting last night approx how many hours of actual sleep are you getting?
Are those hours fragmented with a lot of wake ups for any reason? If so, how many and any idea why?
Do you take any medications...if so, what?

Have you been using available software to see if the therapy itself is optimal at least looking good on paper or is there something that could stand improvement?

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Julie

Post by Julie » Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:24 pm

What are your pressure settings?
Last edited by Julie on Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Rainmom17

Post by Rainmom17 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:55 pm

I've been at this a similar amount of time and I feel the same way. I am still exhausted. And so tired of constantly feeling this way. I will say that this week has been worse, and that's due to the time change. I'm still waking up at the old time and am completely wiped out in the evening. My body has clearly not made the adjustment. I'm thinking that when you are already battling a sleep disorder, things like a time change make it extra difficult. So, I'm wondering if the week was worse than usual for you, or if it's been rough the whole time since you started.

jsielke

Post by jsielke » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:37 am

xxyzx wrote:
TiredTexan wrote:I have been using my APAP for about 3 months now. I use it every night without fail. As a matter of fact, I don't know if I could sleep without it. My head would keep me awake. My terrible snoring, according to my Wife, has stopped. My trips to the bathroom after going to bed has fallen to once, sometimes twice.

All good huh!? Some days in the past and all this last week, I have been exhausted. I don't mean tired. I mean exhausted. I work all day looking at a computer screen. This week, by 2pm, I was having problems reading the screen. My eyes were blood shot. I was doing those bone-stretching stretches and deep yawns. Yes, I wear glasses and I will be getting the checked by my optometrist.

I went to bed last night at 10pm and was awoken around midnight by my Wife saying she needed to go to the emergency room because her throat and tongue was swelling. I was SO tired, I could hardly move. My Wife was rushing to get dressed and I was in a coma. I stumbled around until I finally got some clothes on and off we went. She was having an allergic reaction to Lisinopril. Some IVs and she is fine.

Me, on the other hand, am wondering what the heck is going on. Is this APAP usage helping ME???? Is my work routine wearing me out? I just don't know right now.
=======

could it be that the machine is disturbing your sleep and you need to sleep longer
you sleep a little better with it but not sleeping enough gooder with it

how much sleep do you get
your work routine may be wearing you out of you are not getting ENOUGH GOOD sleep
if you are still tired then you need to sleep more until it is enough that you are not tired

your body should adapt to that strange thing on your face and that air blowing on you
so you do sleep better and then will feel better without sleeping as long but for now you need to sleep long enough
Wow, the village idiot has excelled himself once again.

nanwilson

Post by nanwilson » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:38 pm

xxyzx wrote:
jsielke wrote:
xxyzx wrote:
TiredTexan wrote:I have been using my APAP for about 3 months now. I use it every night without fail. As a matter of fact, I don't know if I could sleep without it. My head would keep me awake. My terrible snoring, according to my Wife, has stopped. My trips to the bathroom after going to bed has fallen to once, sometimes twice.

=======

could it be that the machine is disturbing your sleep and you need to sleep longer
you sleep a little better with it but not sleeping enough gooder with it

how much sleep do you get
your work routine may be wearing you out of you are not getting ENOUGH GOOD sleep
if you are still tired then you need to sleep more until it is enough that you are not tired

your body should adapt to that strange thing on your face and that air blowing on you
so you do sleep better and then will feel better without sleeping as long but for now you need to sleep long enough

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wow, the village idiot has excelled himself once again.

=======

so you pat yourself on your back for outdoing yourself

you truly are the village idiot

you have nothign worth saying so you post personal insults
if you did have anything of value you would have posted it

thanks for proving that YOU ARE the village idiot

Heaven forbid my thoughts... but I think its time for us all to have a POLL to determine if EVERYONE think is the pain in the ass village idiot. I vote right now for XXX dude

Texan I apologize for high jacking your thread to add that thought.
Nan
Started cpap in 2010.. still at it with great results.

TiredTexan

Post by TiredTexan » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:09 pm

If you have nothing to contribute, then go waste the reading time of members of some other website.

TedVPAP

Re: A terrible night/day

Post by TedVPAP » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:48 pm

If you are looking for help, then you will need to provide information. See the three links below.

Additional Comments: AutoPAP 16-20, Ultimate Chin Strap http://sleepapneasolutionsinc.com/
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment:
how to see your data https://sleep.tnet.com/resources/sleepyhead
how to present your data https://sleep.tnet.com/resources/sleepyhead/shorganize
how to post your data https://sleep.tnet.com/reference/tips/imgur