SD Card Full

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
stevez

SD Card Full

Post by stevez » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:52 am

My Dreamstation machine's SD card is full. About a week ago I started getting a message that it's full. I have searched here and it seems I can get a replacement at Walmart among other places. Kind of surprised since I just started in May of this year. I've downloaded to Sleepyhead several days, but think I need to keep a current SD card to take to the doctors office during my visits. Does is seem normal to be full this early?

LSAT

Re: SD Card Full

Post by LSAT » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:57 am

I have been using the same 2mb SD card in my ResMed for over 3+ years...I doubt that yours is full.

zonker

Post by zonker » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:20 pm

stevez wrote:My Dreamstation machine's SD card is full. About a week ago I started getting a message that it's full. I have searched here and it seems I can get a replacement at Walmart among other places. Kind of surprised since I just started in May of this year. I've downloaded to Sleepyhead several days, but think I need to keep a current SD card to take to the doctors office during my visits. Does is seem normal to be full this early?
unless you have an old sd card that carries say 256 mb of storage, i'd say it's a little soon. heck, i think even 256 would last longer. don't know off hand how big my card is, but have been using it for more than a year without filling it up.
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

klm49

Post by klm49 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:30 pm

stevez wrote:My Dreamstation machine's SD card is full. About a week ago I started getting a message that it's full. I have searched here and it seems I can get a replacement at Walmart among other places. Kind of surprised since I just started in May of this year. I've downloaded to Sleepyhead several days, but think I need to keep a current SD card to take to the doctors office during my visits. Does is seem normal to be full this early?
I have had a dream station for over a year and a half and my card isn't full. Mine has a 8MB card in it. I had to replace my SD card after about 6 mos. because one of the contacts got damaged. It still worked but a contact was lose. I just copied the data from the old card to the new and its been working ever since.

Resmed AirCurve10 Vauto w/humidifier
Amara View mask
O2 - 2-4 lpm

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:58 pm

stevez wrote: I just started in May of this year.
stevez wrote: Does is seem normal to be full this early?
No, it's not normal.

Can you go look into the SD card and in the folder with the machine serial number and look inside that folder and tell me how me P folders you have. The first one from May should be the P0 folder and then when it gets full it starts a P1 folder and when that gets full it starts a P3,...etc. How many P folders do you see?

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

archangle

Post by archangle » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:02 am

I'm skeptical it's actually full. Is the CPAP machine telling you it's full? What does your PC say?

In my experience, SD cards are very unreliable, so maybe it's just a hardware or data glitch.

Please enter your equipment in your profile so we can help you.
Click here for information on the most common alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check for yourself.

Useful Links.

stevez

Post by stevez » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:37 am

Thanks again all. I will take a harder look at it, in my PC and get the statistics on it. I used it daily since May 10th of this year, so really only 5 months. I have no idea if it was blank when I started, but I'll look. Someone asked, and yes, I get a flashing error message that my SD card is full, but I haven't tried reviewing it in Sleepyhead since then. I will and update my note here. I'll also go back to the vendor too if it appears it is full for some reason and/or not storing my new data. Thanks again.

jsielke

Post by jsielke » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:05 am

stevez wrote:Thanks again all. I will take a harder look at it, in my PC and get the statistics on it. I used it daily since May 10th of this year, so really only 5 months. I have no idea if it was blank when I started, but I'll look. Someone asked, and yes, I get a flashing error message that my SD card is full, but I haven't tried reviewing it in Sleepyhead since then. I will and update my note here. I'll also go back to the vendor too if it appears it is full for some reason and/or not storing my new data. Thanks again.

Beforfe you toss it, if it has a problem, just try formatting it in your PC. That will erase all the data, so if there is anything you need, back it up first.

stevez

Post by stevez » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:22 pm

jsielke wrote:
stevez wrote:Thanks again all. I will take a harder look at it, in my PC and get the statistics on it. I used it daily since May 10th of this year, so really only 5 months. I have no idea if it was blank when I started, but I'll look. Someone asked, and yes, I get a flashing error message that my SD card is full, but I haven't tried reviewing it in Sleepyhead since then. I will and update my note here. I'll also go back to the vendor too if it appears it is full for some reason and/or not storing my new data. Thanks again.

Beforfe you toss it, if it has a problem, just try formatting it in your PC. That will erase all the data, so if there is anything you need, back it up first.

Thanks; will do.

greatunclebill

Post by greatunclebill » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:04 pm

at this rate, my sd card should hold close to 24 years of data.

PR 550 auto - full data
2 GB disk
size: 270 MB
size on disk: 502 MB
8960 folders, 11 folders
2071 days of CPAP Data, between 12/28/11 and 10/1/17
cumulative machine usage: 634 days, 2 hrs, 39 min, 8 sec.
used 98.6% of days.

please don't ask me to try nasal. i'm a full face person.
the avatar is Rocco, my Lhasa Apso. Number one "Bama fan. 18 championships and counting.
Life member VFW Post 4328 Alabama
MSgt USAF (E-7) medic Retired 1968-1990

TASmart

Post by TASmart » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:44 pm

No deviated septum has been mentioned, but my nasal mask does make my breathing more difficult. The pressure on the sinuses seems to make them swell some.

"disk?

deviated septum has nothing to do with nasal mask ability
if you breathe okay without that mask then you can breathe just fine with it "
All posts reflect my own opinion based on my experience and reading.
Your mileage may vary
Past performance is no guarantee of future results
Consult with your own physician as people very

stevez

Post by stevez » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:25 am

Well, finally got around to pulling the SD card and checking it out on my computer. It in fact is full. Sleepyhead has a warning, which I conveniently ignored, to "write-protect" the card before inserting. It says that some operating systems will try and copy files to that location and I'm guessing that's what it did. I have tried evaluating what's there, but so far haven't been successful at deleting much. I can't pull up a lot of data that it's storing, other than seeing my daily results which isn't taking up much room. I'm trying to find out how best to clean that disk up without deleting my actual history. Thanks.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:42 am

Windows 8.xxx or higher operating system?
If so, removing the text file is easy.
rmdir "System Volume Information" /s /q
at the contents of the SD card window hold down the shift key and right click mouse...and choose Open command window and paste the above in the black window.

While I doubt that is your problem with the full SD it won't hurt to try it.

If it doesn't help please go back and answer my question about how many P folders you have within the machine serial number folder.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

stevez

Post by stevez » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:05 am

Thanks Pugsy. I don't have the card with me at work and will check tonight. I know there was a P0, P1 and P2. The data from my actual sleep results wasn't that large and showed daily results starting in May of this year, which is correct. I deleted some files and it created some space but not a lot really. I will try what you suggest and thanks. I can't recall the number but it was huge, like 1.9 billion or so and that was out of 1.9 billion, so it showed/appeared truly full.

stevez

Post by stevez » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:07 am

P.S. I don't mind buying another SD card, but this one was from my sleep provider and I am not sure if they can/will try and deny coverage because I've fooled with my machine. I converted it to a Auto Bi-pap from fixed and now my card is full. Just a little concerned when I go back I'll get slammed and possibly denied coverage. Other than that, I don't care.