Forum Registrations (READ THIS IF YOU DON'T HAVE AN ACCOUNT)

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
bendauphinee

Forum Registrations (READ THIS IF YOU DON'T HAVE AN ACCOUNT)

Post by bendauphinee » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:04 am

Hello everyone!

For those of you who don't know me, I'm a contractor for CPAP.com (and I live in Canada). One of the tasks I've been entrusted with has been to update the software for this forum to help fix some problems we've had in the past with spammers.

Currently, registrations for the form are set to admin approval, because we had a ton of bots registering and spamming this board. Until today, this has effectively meant that nobody could register a new account. We have seen your comments about this problem, and as of today, I have been tasked with some light moderation duties.

What does this mean for you?

If you have attempted to register in the last month or two, you may have noticed that you have gotten an account.

I will be working on the backlog in small chunks over the next few days, and approving any registration that appears to be legitimate. I will be opening an official topic as soon as I finish the backlog, where you can post if your registration was not approved, so we can get you sorted out.

We here at CPAP.com apologize for not thinking of this sooner, and we hope that this has not made you feel unwelcome in our community.

bendauphinee

Re: Forum Registrations (READ THIS IF YOU DON'T HAVE AN ACCOUNT)

Post by bendauphinee » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:27 am

All backlog has been cleared. Please post here only if you registered for an account, and have not received a confirmation for 48 hours.

Joann1968

Post by Joann1968 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:45 am

This is Breezy2013. I still cant log in and it's been 48 hours.

MoodyMollypending

Post by MoodyMollypending » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:02 am

I registered as MoodyMolly, and it has been 48 hours since I registered with no activation yet.

TaraDactylNeedsActivated

Post by TaraDactylNeedsActivated » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:22 pm

Been a few minutes shy of 48 hours. I registered as TaraDactyl

TaraDactylNevermind

Post by TaraDactylNevermind » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:07 pm

Actually nevermind... The more I read, the more I see that there is a lot of name calling and disrespect to members here. I'm fine not being activated and just using the search feature to find needed info.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:16 pm

TaraDactylNevermind wrote:Actually nevermind... The more I read, the more I see that there is a lot of name calling and disrespect to members here. I'm fine not being activated and just using the search feature to find needed info.
Welcome, one of the things we like the most about guests-unlogged in persons, most just come here to complain, cause trouble, or try to bend the forum as they want it. A few, want to obtain knowledge, that only requires reading. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

Case in point

Post by Case in point » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:33 pm

And you made my point. You didn't have to name call and disrespect me but you did.

I simply stated an observation and rescinded my want to be approved and didn't see a way to do so without posting again.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:32 pm

Case in point wrote:And you made my point. You didn't have to name call and disrespect me but you did.

I simply stated an observation and rescinded my want to be approved and didn't see a way to do so without posting again.
And I thank you for proving my point, again! Jim

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

poppi2

Post by poppi2 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:23 pm

TaraDactylNevermind wrote:..... I and just using the search feature to find needed info.
Using the Google search parm ‘site:cpaptalk.com’ allows you to focus the power of Google searches.

site:cpaptalk.com airsense pressure adjust

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:16 pm

Even if you have little interest in joining the community, "search" is quite useful.
The treatment related info here is available for free to anyone who looks for it--the rest is also free.
I lurked for four months before registering--and then posting as a member
when I had something to contribute.
I actually thought that was the way one does these things.

bombaybob

Post by bombaybob » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:17 am

Login never activated. lamar2217

MoodyMollypending

Post by MoodyMollypending » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:04 am

MoodyMollypending wrote:I registered as MoodyMolly, and it has been 48 hours since I registered with no activation yet.
Still waiting 2 days later...

cpapwife - account unactivated when chanted email

Post by cpapwife - account unactivated when chanted email » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:42 pm

Hi, I changed my email address (old one was invalid, I was not getting notified of PMs) and now my account needs to be activated again.
I didn't know it would do that or I would have waited a few days as I am in the middle of research and PMing someone about details and in reading saw that others were asking about O2 concentrator at night which my DH uses and I would love to reply to those about how he does it and what criteria there is that says you need it.

I sure hope I don't have to wait 48 hours for an activation .....
Thanks, Jane

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:06 pm

cpapwife - account unactivated when chanted email wrote:Hi, I changed my email address (old one was invalid, I was not getting notified of PMs) and now my account needs to be activated again.
I didn't know it would do that or I would have waited a few days as I am in the middle of research and PMing someone about details and in reading saw that others were asking about O2 concentrator at night which my DH uses and I would love to reply to those about how he does it and what criteria there is that says you need it.

I sure hope I don't have to wait 48 hours for an activation .....
Thanks, Jane
You can reply to posts, if you feel you must, you just don't have P.M. or links that could be used if you are a member. just use the exact same name on ever post

and your new member name will have to be different from the first one. Jim
It takes as long as it takes. The coding monkey doesn't work 24/7. Jim