Sleep Study, O2, Do I have UARS

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
absen7e

Sleep Study, O2, Do I have UARS

Post by absen7e » Thu May 16, 2024 9:48 am

Morning - Long story short. Had the posted Sleep Study ~2 years ago. Was told I don't have Sleep Apnea, "low" AHI. I need help interpreting the data. For the last few years I've been under the suspicion I'm a UARS patient. No local sleep "professional" I've seen seems to care. I'm treated with a MAD, have used it for years now. Have never tolerated CPAP that well. Still tired all the time, and have a lot of the problems that come with long term poor sleep. Sleep studies have never included RERAs either.

I really am tired of being tired. I still have my CPAP, and am willing to give it a serious go again if it'll help.

Attachments are most recent Sleep study from 2 years ago. And Pulse Ox using a Viatom SleepU, from a few nights ago.
Attachments
SleepStudy 5-1-22_Page_2-min.jpg
SleepStudy 5-1-22_Page_2-min.jpg (686.71 KiB) Viewed 1773 times
SleepStudy 5-1-22_Page_1-min.jpg
SleepStudy 5-1-22_Page_1-min.jpg (975.8 KiB) Viewed 1773 times
Screenshot_20240516_112603_ViHealth.jpg
Screenshot_20240516_112603_ViHealth.jpg (335.75 KiB) Viewed 1773 times

jlsmithseven

Re: Sleep Study, O2, Do I have UARS

Post by jlsmithseven » Thu May 16, 2024 10:31 am

You sleep half the night prone, is that on your stomach? I know my sleep changed dramatically once I started sleeping on my right side! Try changing sleeping positions if you can, it won’t happen overnight but that might help you.

Have you been checked by an ENT? Maybe you have a deviated septum that is causing you poor sleep.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu May 16, 2024 11:02 am

It's hard enough to diagnose UARS with RERAs recorded.....Impossible without that data point.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Miss Emerita

Post by Miss Emerita » Thu May 16, 2024 11:29 am

In theory, wouldn't the RERA index be the pRDI minus the pAHI? -- Even if that's true, though, it sounds to me as though the OP would benefit from an in-lab sleep test.

And for anyone experiencing constant tiredness, I would strongly recommend a visit to the primary care physician for some blood tests, e.g., thyroid, testosterone (for men), iron, Lyme disease, vitamin D, and B vitamins.
Oscar software is available at https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR/

absen7e

Post by absen7e » Thu May 16, 2024 12:00 pm

Miss Emerita wrote:
Thu May 16, 2024 11:29 am
In theory, wouldn't the RERA index be the pRDI minus the pAHI? -- Even if that's true, though, it sounds to me as though the OP would benefit from an in-lab sleep test.

And for anyone experiencing constant tiredness, I would strongly recommend a visit to the primary care physician for some blood tests, e.g., thyroid, testosterone (for men), iron, Lyme disease, vitamin D, and B vitamins.
I've actually been on TRT now for about 5 years, a little less time then I've been pursuing sleep remedies. I started on CPAP and ultimately got a MAD before ever considering TRT fwiw. I'm quite in tune with blood tests at this point. Thyroid function improved with TRT. I check Vit levels twice a year and try to keep them in the upper range.

To answer another question, I've tried changing and sticking with sleep positions, I always inevitably wake up on my back, starting prone.

I've also had tonsils removed, had a turbinate reduction and balloon sinuplasty done in the last few years. My nose breathing has improved immensely.

Julie

Post by Julie » Thu May 16, 2024 6:50 pm

A fair number of people tie a pillow in back to keep from turning on it - have you tried that?