Invacare Twilight NP parts (Aura/Headrest)

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
sleepylady

Invacare Twilight NP parts (Aura/Headrest)

Post by sleepylady » Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:42 am

Hello All,

I am wondering if anyone has a deconstructed mask they aren't using? I specifically need the exhaust port. I was cleaning a mask I had purchased just last October and when I went to put it on a towel, I noticed the exhaust port was no longer there. It's just a huge hole now. I did call Invacare and you know the routine...they sent me back to the DME. Since my DME doesn't normally carry this mask, it's highly doubtful I will be able to get this tiny part from them.

If anyone can help me out with this, I would really appreciate it.

Melinda

neverbetter

Post by neverbetter » Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:31 am

Call the manufacturer again. If the exhaust port "fell out" then it is faulty. If the manufacturer does not replace faulty product then I would complain loudly. When pieces fall out, etc.....they could blow in your nose or something. If you bought your device within 90 days, I think they should have to replace it for product failure and pieces coming off that shouldn't.

Just goes to show how important good customer service realy is. if we took a poll, what little company do you think would come in first ?

sleepylady

Post by sleepylady » Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:28 am

Good suggestion, however, it's past the 90 day warranty and they won't budge. Even when I told the gentleman it was a tad ridiculous they couldn't help me as I'm the user, his response was "I'm sorry, you'll need to talk to an authorized dealer." Believe me, shaming them won't help.

I just had a discussion with my co-worker by the lack of customer service. There were two instances (now three) where the customer service was horrid for my aunt, my boyfriend, and now myself. Three big frowns for Invacare, Best Buy, and Dell.

blarg

Post by blarg » Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:33 am

Well, talk to a dealer we know has good customer service. https://www.cpap.com
I'm a programmer Jim, not a doctor!