PULSE OXIMETER

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Offerocker

PULSE OXIMETER

Post by Offerocker » Fri Jan 27, 2006 4:48 am

I'm seriously thinking of purchasing a finger pulse oximeter. Any preferences, and why? Input greatly appreciated!

NightHawkeye

Post by NightHawkeye » Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:25 am

I can recommend the Nellcor N-395. It's an alarming oximeter with memory and has been a standard in the industry for years. You can view the entire night's data on screen or download it via RS-232. Lots are available used on e-bay and other places for reasonable prices. The N-290 is similar but lacks the screen display for data. If you intend to download the data you'll probably want to get the Score software which is somewhat harder to find used. If you have to buy it new, it'll cost about as much as the oximeter.

Regards,
Bill

Finger Pulse Oximeter

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:22 pm

Bill,
I failed to stress that I want a FINGER Pulse Oximeter. Yours is really nice, a real "DEBE"

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:23 pm

Here's a good link:

http://www.smiths-bci.com/HTML/Products ... meters.htm

Here's a good one:

FingerPrint® Sleep Hand-Held Pulse Oximeter/Summary Printer
The FingerPrint® Sleep Hand-Held Pulse Oximeter with built-in Summary Printer was specifically designed for sleep screening studies in the sleep lab, clinical environment, or home. With its easy-to-use, 2-key operation, it also provides fast, reliable spot-checking measurements of SpO2, pulse rate and pulse strength for use in clinical or hospital environments.

Catalog #3403-000 FingerPrint® Sleep Pulse Oximeter/Summary Printer
U.S. Patent No. 5,437,275