The Chat Room Is Being Spammed By Numbers

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
NotMuffy

Re: The Chat Room Is Being Spammed By Numbers

Post by NotMuffy » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:02 am

Willtry wrote:The chat room has been hacked try log in with the user name "Moderator" and see what happens
I wouldn't. If it's a routine there could be an associated malware in there.
"Don't Blame Me...You Took the Red Pill..."

BlackSpinner

Post by BlackSpinner » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:04 am

Friends - it takes a while to get software modifications in place. It doesn't happen instantly, trust me on this. Be patient.

Oh and it doesn't happen free either.

71. The lame can ride on horseback, the one-handed drive cattle. The deaf, fight and be useful. To be blind is better than to be burnt on the pyre. No one gets good from a corpse. The Havamal

snuginarug

Post by snuginarug » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:49 am

NotMuffy wrote:Willtry wrote:
The chat room has been hacked try log in with the user name "Moderator" and see what happens

I wouldn't. If it's a routine there could be an associated malware in there.
Too late, I've already tried. But I did get some information... send Moderator in there, the numbers start, send Moderator out, the numbers stop.

jabman

Post by jabman » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:58 am

I also like to visit the chat room every so often. It is a shame that someone has to sabotage it and down right sucks that whoever is doing this has to target certain people on this forum.

I hope to see you back soon Madalot, I think you are a good asset to this forum.

I have a question, I know that this forum has been around a number of years and am wondering if attacks like this one has happened in the past?

Psalm 150: 6
Let everything that has breath praise the LORD.
Praise the LORD.

"If God does not exist, one will lose nothing by believing in him, while if he does exist, one will lose everything by not believing. " - Blaise Pascal.

The Texan

Post by The Texan » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:57 am

It appears they have the problem solved. I had to log into the chat room with my regular info and when I tried to get in without logging in, it would not let me in. Hopefully it is fixed. Thank you admin.

Last edited by The Texan on Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bob & Betsy - USN Ret'd '78 & FL LEO Ret'd '03 & "Oath Keeper forever"
'05 HR Endeavor 40PRQ, 400 Cummins, our home.
69 years old and back working in the oil patch, to survive retirement, in the current economy.

SleepingUgly

Post by SleepingUgly » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:20 am

Yes, thank you, Carolyn & Johnny, for dealing with all the drama so that we, "the masses", can have a board.
Never put your fate entirely in the hands of someone who cares less about it than you do. --Sleeping Ugly

xenablue

Post by xenablue » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:23 am

The Texan wrote:It appears they have the problem solved.t had to log into the chat room with my regular info and when I tried to get in without logging in, it would not let me in. Hopefully it is fixed. Thank you admin.
Hmmmm... I just 'logged in' as bozotheclown with p/w 1234 and it let me in - I don't have that as a login ID/pw, nor did I register under that name.

xena

The Texan

Post by The Texan » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:06 pm

xenablue wrote:
The Texan wrote:It appears they have the problem solved.t had to log into the chat room with my regular info and when I tried to get in without logging in, it would not let me in. Hopefully it is fixed. Thank you admin.
Hmmmm... I just 'logged in' as bozotheclown with p/w 1234 and it let me in - I don't have that as a login ID/pw, nor did I register under that name.

xena
OK, I never thought about trying a fake name with a simple false p/w, so I guess they don't have it fixed.

'05 HR Endeavor 40PRQ, 400 Cummins, our home.
69 years old and back working in the oil patch, to survive retirement, in the current economy.

BobF4

Post by BobF4 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:49 pm

No, its not fixed. Currently, there are 3 5-digit names in the room. And Calist (or "Moderator") has openly admitted in the chat room that he is responsible for this. Can't we get this fixed soon??? It is driving the regulars out of the chat room.

-- Buckaroo Banzai

SleepingUgly

Post by SleepingUgly » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:12 pm

Carolyn & Johnny have already indicated that they are working on it, and as Black Spinner noted, it's probably costing them. Can't we give them a break from complaining about this? I know what I do when my kids can't stop bickering about a toy or who gets to go first -- take it away from both of them!! The chat room is a privilege, and not a necessity.

Why do you think Calist/Moderator has admitted that he is responsible for this? IMO, if we would have all collaborated on ignoring Calist instead of positively reinforcing him by providing endless attention to his behaviors, he would have left a long time ago. For whatever reasons, we found that too difficult to do, and these are the natural consequences.
Never put your fate entirely in the hands of someone who cares less about it than you do. --Sleeping Ugly

kempo

Post by kempo » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:20 pm

SleepingUgly wrote:Carolyn & Johnny have already indicated that they are working on it, and as Black Spinner noted, it's probably costing them. Can't we give them a break from complaining about this? I know what I do when my kids can't stop bickering about a toy or who gets to go first -- take it away from both of them!! The chat room is a privilege, and not a necessity.

Why do you think Calist/Moderator has admitted that he is responsible for this? IMO, if we would have all collaborated on ignoring Calist instead of positively reinforcing him by providing endless attention to his behaviors, he would have left a long time ago. For whatever reasons, we found that too difficult to do, and these are the natural consequences.
I agree.

Madalot

Post by Madalot » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:25 pm

SleepingUgly wrote:Carolyn & Johnny have already indicated that they are working on it, and as Black Spinner noted, it's probably costing them. Can't we give them a break from complaining about this? I know what I do when my kids can't stop bickering about a toy or who gets to go first -- take it away from both of them!! The chat room is a privilege, and not a necessity.
Agreed.
SleepingUgly wrote:IMO, if we would have all collaborated on ignoring Calist instead of positively reinforcing him by providing endless attention to his behaviors, he would have left a long time ago. For whatever reasons, we found that too difficult to do, and these are the natural consequences.
I hate to burst your bubble on this one, but the regulars in the chat room DID collaborate and ignored him. Ignoring him pissed him off even more and that's when he started impersonating me. And when that didn't get him enough attention, he began sabotaging the chat room with his current behavior that has EVERYONE that uses the chat in an uproar.

With your average troll, ignoring would solve it. This is not your average troll. This one has an agenda and cannot be discouraged by tactics that normally get rid of them.

But -- I don't really care anymore. This is no longer my problem. I just happened to be in here to pick up a PM and was curious about this thread. Beyond that -- I'm focusing on other things. Like Christmas, my family and trying to maintain some semblance of a life with this disease.

SleepingUgly

Post by SleepingUgly » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:55 pm

Have a merry Christmas, Madalot.

Madalot

Post by Madalot » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:57 pm

SleepingUgly wrote:Have a merry Christmas, Madalot.
You too. No hard feelings on this I hope. We just have a different viewpoint about the situation. And that's okay.

GumbyCT

Post by GumbyCT » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:03 pm

Madalot wrote: Beyond that -- I'm focusing on other things. Like Christmas, my family and trying to maintain some semblance of a life with this disease.
Madalot - the best thing you can do is like you said, focus on you & your family. Let us deal with this mess.

Good Luck and enjoy your mini-break with the family.

I have no doubt, how I sleep affects every waking moment.
I am making progress-NOW I remember that I can't remember
;)
If this isn’t rocket science why are there so many spaceshots?
Be your own healthcare advocate!