do you really like the s9 climate line hose, or not?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Flower51

do you really like the s9 climate line hose, or not?

Post by Flower51 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:07 pm

Is this hose just "bells and whistles" or something that makes enough of a diff? My dme said that putting the slim line hose in a fleece wrap would be as good at preventing rainout. What's your exp? Terry

254/192/goal 145

hapy

Re: do you really like the s9 climate line hose, or not?

Post by hapy » Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:38 pm

I like mine! I was having issues with the air that was delivered to the mask. It was too cold and the climate control hose has fixed me up! I have the temp set at 86 degrees and I don't wake up snorkeling or with a wet nose! I just need to figure out if covering this hose will be so awful or not. The cats are fascinated by the hose and with the air coming out of the swivel on the Swift FX. I thought it would pass but after a month I still wake up with one or the other laying on my side and their paw is patting the air coming out of the mask. I think they like that it makes noise and wakes me up because that's when they get fed! Stupid cats???? I think not!

Laura

billbolton

Post by billbolton » Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:22 pm

Flower51 wrote:...something that makes enough of a diff?
For me, definitely yes
Flower51 wrote:My dme said that putting the slim line hose in a fleece wrap would be as good at preventing rainout.
Maybe. It depends on both the level of humidification you require and to some extent on the general climate where you live, but since you aren't showing a location in your profile.........

Cheers,

Bill

elena88

Post by elena88 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:46 pm

I havent used it since the weather was cooler but when I got it, I LOVED IT!

i have the slimline in the summer, and will use the climate line in the winter..

and next summer I will put ice cubes in my humidifer

Flower51

Post by Flower51 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:29 pm

Good to hear. Wondering what reason to give my doc when requesting he write a script for this and if ins would pay since I just got my machine w/the regular slimline hose in the package. I'm due to see him for a physical next wk and would like to ask him then, along w/a request for a script for the humidifier that can be opened and cleaned...again ins may balk at this one, we'll see. Bill, we live in Ohio where its cold in fall and winter and this past year hot hot hot in the summer. Had some serious humidity that felt like the tropics for a few weeks here....the house was just about sweating w/no ac. LOL. Terry

254/192/goal 145

Astrophytum

Post by Astrophytum » Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:46 am

elena88 wrote:...

and next summer I will put ice cubes in my humidifer

What a great idea! Cooling the body from inside with cool air...

And, yes, I love the ClimateLine, it's very gently to breathing warm air.

lfreese

Post by lfreese » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:57 am

Does anyone know if a heated hose is available for a Resmed V-Pap Auto 25 ? I hate the cold air (70-72 deg) in my face and the Hi 1 humidifier only helps warm the air at times.
Larry in Cincinnati

Uncle_Bob

Post by Uncle_Bob » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:48 pm

Flower51 wrote:Is this hose just "bells and whistles" or something that makes enough of a diff? My dme said that putting the slim line hose in a fleece wrap would be as good at preventing rainout. What's your exp? Terry
I love mine, the best thing about it for me is the fact that it deals with the changing humidity so i don't have to.

on very humid nights it hardly uses any water and when the humidity is <10% it sucks up half the tank. Its much smarter than a slimline dressed in fleece

BobF4

Post by BobF4 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:39 pm

When I got my new CPAP machine last week, they had BOTH hoses for me, in the case and ready to go! By both, I mean the ClimateLine hose, and the normal hose.

-- Buckaroo Banzai

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:58 pm

I told my doc that I had to clean MOLD out of my humidifier!
He wrote the scrip--it's in Blue Cross's court now--only time will tell. . .

Jersey Girl

Post by Jersey Girl » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:11 pm

Dear Friends,

Ironically, insurance won't pay for the water chamber that flips open for cleaning but they do pay for my husband's climateline hose because the doctor wrote a specific script for it.

Regards to all,

Jersey Girl

Happiness is from the heart out, not the world in.

billbolton

Post by billbolton » Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:11 pm

Flower51 wrote:Bill, we live in Ohio where its cold in fall and winter and this past year hot hot hot in the summer.
Rainout arises from even a small difference between the ambient room temperature and the temperature of the air in your xPAP hose.

If you centrally heat your house in winter and keep the bedroom relatively warm, then a fleece cover may be all you need. If you let the bedroom go cold(ish) and just snuggle up under the covers, then a heated hose is great idea!

Here is Sydney, which has a temperate maritime climate, it doesn't get cold enough for long enough to justify central heating, so most people just go with lots of bed covers at the depth of winter. Winter nights often get down to single digit temperatures on the Celcius scale and changing to a heated hose a few years back made a huge difference to both the comfort and effectiveness of my xPAP treatment in Winter. The S9 Climate line hose which allows you to set the temperature is even better than the fixed temperature Sleepzone heated hose I used previously.

When the weather warms up again (as it is doing now in the Southern Hemisphere) and night time temperatures are consistently in low to mid teens (Celcius), I switch over to a non-heated hose.

Cheers,

Bill

jmelby

Post by jmelby » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:04 pm

When I used my S8 as my primary machine, I tried a fleece cover and found it made the hose so heavy and bulky, it pulled down to the side of my bed. The climateline hose with the S9 is so light, I can barely feel it is there. The upgrade is well worth it in my opinion.

(yet another Jeff)

Flower51

Post by Flower51 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:16 pm

My doc agreed to write a script for the climatline hose and the apap setting. Also my respiratory therapist at the dme is switching out my machine to a new S9 to see if the whistling stops on exhale....Resmed and cpap.com both told me that should not be happening. We'll see! For you who have autosets, do you set your minimum pressure one or two numbers below your "sweet spot"? T

254/192/goal 145

kempo

Post by kempo » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:10 pm

One above and 0ne below.