Cpap alarm

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Pugsy

Re: Cpap alarm

Post by Pugsy » Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:08 am

:lol: :lol:

I was also wondering what a main B bus undervolt thing was.

Have you been able to isolate the sound?

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

5peytonplace106

Post by 5peytonplace106 » Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:29 am

Not yet. This is the second night with less than 4 hours of sleep. My husband recorded the sounds. I believe its because the pressure is too high and the mask has too much air coming in.

I am ready to call my doctor and ask him to reset the pap back to default settings when I first started on this machine until I can see him next month.

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:10 am

5peytonplace106 wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:29 am
Not yet. This is the second night with less than 4 hours of sleep. My husband recorded the sounds. I believe its because the pressure is too high and the mask has too much air coming in.

I am ready to call my doctor and ask him to reset the pap back to default settings when I first started on this machine until I can see him next month.
Do you know what the current pressure setting is? It shows on the screen when you turn on the machine. The default setting is 4 minimum and 20 maximum.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:26 am

You need to be using OSCAR so we can see for sure what is going on with pressure and leaks.

What are your pressure settings?

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

5peytonplace106

Post by 5peytonplace106 » Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:10 am

LSAT wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:10 am
5peytonplace106 wrote:

Do you know what the current pressure setting is? It shows on the screen when you turn on the machine. The default setting is 4 minimum and 20 maximum.
yes 10 and 10. It definitely doesn't work for me! He's trying to get the apneas down and he changed me over to cpap. Nothing seems to be working.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:14 am

You can turn on ramp feature so that the machine starts out at 4 cm and takes a period of time to get up to 10 cm.
Explained in the manual.
https://www.respshop.com/manuals/ResMed ... %20her.pdf

loggerhead12

Post by loggerhead12 » Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:59 am

I thought I had a CPAP alarm going of as well, a super-annoying double beep every few hours.

It wasn't the CPAP.
It wasn't the low-battery alert in any of the gun safes, or the smoke detector, or any of the scuba dive computers, or the house alarm pad, or any of the computers or phones.

It was my wife's freaking essential oil diffuser's low-water alarm, which by the grace of God finally beeped while I was right next to it one morning. It's no longer with us.

There went three weeks of good sleep I'll never get back.

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Aug 16, 2021 12:12 pm

5peytonplace106 wrote:

if you're having mask leaks because your mask isn't fitted properly, try using the mask fit setting on the machine to get the mask adjusted properly, and/or get/make some 'mask liners' that will tame the leaks. Karen over on padacheek.com (not a sponsor) makes the best ones.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Kargurin

Post by Kargurin » Mon Aug 16, 2021 12:50 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:08 am
:lol: :lol:

I was also wondering what a main B bus undervolt thing was.

Have you been able to isolate the sound?
I used to watch all the Apollo stuff. Stayed up till the early morning hours to watch live moon walks. That's how old I am. Bordering on cultural misfit. I'm glad we can all share apnea together though. :lol:

5peytonplace106

Post by 5peytonplace106 » Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:18 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:26 am
You need to be using OSCAR so we can see for sure what is going on with pressure and leaks.

pressure 10.00 cmH20

I do have Oscar but don't know how to use it

5peytonplace106

Post by 5peytonplace106 » Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:20 pm

loggerhead12 wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:59 am
I thought I had a CPAP alarm going of as well, a super-annoying double beep every few hours.

It wasn't the CPAP.
It wasn't the low-battery alert in any of the gun safes, or the smoke detector, or any of the scuba dive computers, or the house alarm pad, or any of the computers or phones.

It was my wife's freaking essential oil diffuser's low-water alarm, which by the grace of God finally beeped while I was right next to it one morning. It's no longer with us.

There went three weeks of good sleep I'll never get back.
:lol:

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:27 pm

5peytonplace106

Post by 5peytonplace106 » Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:30 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:14 am
You can turn on ramp feature so that the machine starts out at 4 cm and takes a period of time to get up to 10 cm.
Explained in the manual.
I do have it ramped at 4 cm and ramp time for 10 minutes

5peytonplace106

Post by 5peytonplace106 » Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:34 pm

5peytonplace106 wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:18 pm
Pugsy wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:26 am

pressure 10.00 cmH20

I do have Oscar but don't know how to use it
Also it has been installed on my desktop.
Thanks for helping me.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:58 pm

5peytonplace106 wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:30 pm
Pugsy wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:14 am
Explained in the manual.
I do have it ramped at 4 cm and ramp time for 10 minutes
So....if you are using ramp the pressure starts at 4 cm.
So...if you are having immediate leak/noise/whatever problems...then it is occurring at 4 cm because it takes 10 minutes to go to 10 cm....changing pressure isn't going to fix the problem because if the problem happens immediately...it's not a high pressure problem.

You really need to sit down and take the time to be more descriptive as to what is going on...like I got the impression it was immediately when you turn the machine on....is that correct? Or does it happen only after ramp ends?

To fix a problem we first have to identify the problem....Sometimes the OSCAR data points us to a suspect but sometimes it doesn't but we can't hear what you are hearing. Sorry but since we can't hear it....we need some really good descriptions and explanations as to what, when, how, etc...to be able to offer any sort of idea what it is ...much less how to fix it.

Did you do the awake experiments I suggested? Especially the water chamber?

You need to be extremely detailed if you can for us to draw upon our own personal experience to maybe help you sort out the issue.

OSCAR will likely show us if it leak related...that's why we need to see the OSCAR reports.
We need more help so we can help you.