ALTERED SLEEPING PATTERN.

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
rdbyrne

ALTERED SLEEPING PATTERN.

Post by rdbyrne » Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:15 pm

I am sleeping much better these days but one aggravating thing has been that I'm waking up at 3am daily. No matter when I go to bed, boom, at 3 am I'm awake. It seems that I have to go to sleep at 9pm and wake up at 3am. Strange.

bdp522

Post by bdp522 » Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:25 pm

WOW! I've read several people writing the same thing. Is this a cpap trait?

Brenda

Sadie

Post by Sadie » Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:29 pm

Recent time change?

I dunno...I've been experiencing the same thing!
Also, seems that no matter what time I go to bed, if husband gets up at his usual 0-dark-thirty, I also wake up, and am awake enough to get up for that COFFEE. But I pay for it mid-afternoon, then perk up again later, and the cycle repeats.

How's that for a non-answer, except that "I hear you!"

tooly125

Re: ALTERED SLEEPING PATTERN.

Post by tooly125 » Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:45 pm

rdbyrne wrote:I am sleeping much better these days but one aggravating thing has been that I'm waking up at 3am daily. No matter when I go to bed, boom, at 3 am I'm awake. It seems that I have to go to sleep at 9pm and wake up at 3am. Strange.
Can't shed any light on why you are waking at 3am but I can let you know that you are not alone.
My wake up time is 4am, my software does not show anything going on at that time.
I usually have no problem going back to sleep.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body totally worn out and screaming,WOO HOO what a ride!

JP

Post by JP » Wed Nov 22, 2006 6:53 pm

Been on APAP 4 weeks now, I always wake up somewhere between 3:30 and 4:30, always about 6 hours after I go to bed. Before the APAP if I woke up around then I'd just roll over and be asleep again in no time, but now I'm wide awake after it happens. Sometimes I can get back to sleep after an hour or so and sometimes I'm there until the alarm goes off a couple hours later.

seenas

Post by seenas » Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:30 pm

I've been on CPAP therapy for the past three months. My brain has cleared and I'm not as tired as I used to be. But, I do wake up between 3 and 4 AM every day. Sometimes I wake up startled but can see no difference in my software. I am usually able to get back to sleep in a half hour or less. I have learned to live with this since I am a lot better now then I was before therapy.
Seena