Have a Super Sunday

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Linda3032

Have a Super Sunday

Post by Linda3032 » Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:59 am

Who do you want to win:

JeffH

Post by JeffH » Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:11 pm

Colts.

Here's a link to an article about a guy that is on the Colts from the small town I live in. He doesn't play much, but he is quite a guy. Watch for him, number 34. He is a punt returner.

http://www.newsok.com/article/3008359/? ... ports/main

ejdischer

Post by ejdischer » Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:14 pm

I'm working here at the worldwide leader for the big game. Anyway, I'm pulling for the Bears. The Giants are in the NFC and they lost, so I pull for the team in their conference. Plus I really have no issue with Forest Gump...erm Peyton Manning never winning. Although I do think the Bears are overmatched. Anyway, I don't know what's more annoying, Peyton's voice or a mask leak.

EJD

roster

Post by roster » Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:40 pm

I'm pulling for a close game with a lot of drama. My best wishes go out for all the coaches and players. After all, they are our brethern in apnea:
He recently screened 550 retired NFL players with an average age of 52 for a study and released the results Saturday:

Three-quarters of the linemen suffered from obstructive sleep apnea -- a malady doctors are increasingly realizing can signal cardiovascular disease. Half of the non-linemen suffered sleep apnea.
Source:
http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/li ... 570448.htm

jum001

Post by jum001 » Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:43 pm

Not being much of a sports fan, I watch for the commercials. Thanks for the good wishes.

kavanaugh1950

Post by kavanaugh1950 » Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:10 pm

hey disher, do you work for espn? pat

lvwildcat

Post by lvwildcat » Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:09 pm

I really want the Cowboys to win(yea,I'm a die hard fan!!) But Jeff I'm against you on this one- DA BEARS

EJD- I totally agree about Manning-I think the guy needs to lighten up a bit!

Linda3032

Post by Linda3032 » Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:11 pm

I'll wait to see who my hubby roots for, and I'll pick the other team. A little conflict adds "spice to life".

bookwrm63

Post by bookwrm63 » Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:11 pm

Ohhhhh...Very wicked, Linda! ...But girl, I like your style!

Sleepless in St. Louis

Post by Sleepless in St. Louis » Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:40 pm

I'm rooting for the Bolts. In other words, I just want a good game and I really don't care which team wins this year. As long as it's not a snoozer.

I like both. Lovie Smith used to be a coarch here in St. Louis and my nephew goes to school in Chicago. I also have relatives in Indy. So, I'm staying neutral like Switzerland.

Auricula

Super Sunday

Post by Auricula » Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:41 pm

GO COLTS!!! Fans from Maryland are supposed to hate the Colts and the media played it up big a few weeks ago but there is a lot of local support for them in the Super Bowl.

There was a good feature in the paper this week comparing Manning with Johnny Unitas, whose old teammates are reliving their glory days as they see parallels in stuff like checking off [plays] at the line of scrimmage, drop from center, and release point on passes. The two met in 1997 when Manning won the Johnny Unitas Golden Arm Award as the best college quarterback.

blarg

Post by blarg » Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:19 pm

I want DirecTV to win.

From the onslaught of pissed callers who spent 4,000 bucks on high def TVs, at least 80 bucks a month for High-Def Football programming, and come today, it DOESN'T WORK.

ejdischer

Post by ejdischer » Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:31 pm

Yeah, that's why I'll never switch from cable. When it rains, satellite doesn't work. They double send their HDTV signal, so the resolution is actually only half as good as they claim. I know DirecTV has the NFL package, but they really have a poor picture quality and their HD is even rougher. Especially since they also upconvert every signal to 1080i, which sacrifices quality.

EJD

Sleepless in St. Louis

Post by Sleepless in St. Louis » Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:34 pm

I'm not sure exactly what you're talking about blarg? I do know that where I live the local cable company dropped their hi def feed of CBS mean that there were a bunch of really POd cable subcribers today (at least the ones with hi def TVs). I'm sure it was all about a few dollars. I get my hi def over the air so I don't have that issue. Football has almost been ruined for me what with all the commercials. The flow of the game is basically gone and being in the stands during commericals is about as frustrating as it gets to me. Next they'll starts showing ads during innings of baseball games so they can ruin that sport's natural flow as well. Rant off.

ejdischer

Post by ejdischer » Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:40 pm

Sleepless, this is why you should be a hockey fan. Football is a frustrating sport. Kickoff, commercial. Timeout, commercial. Turnover, commercial. Touchdown, extra point, commercial. Kickoff three seconds later, another commercial.

Let's not also forget that football is mostly a waiting sport. Six second play, thirty-five second wait. Six second play, another thirty five second wait. It's pretty annoying.

Oh, and lest we forget all the in-game "coming up on (insert network here), a riveting episode of." And my place of biz isn't free of guilt either. Anyone who watched Monday Night Football this year had to be frustrated when they had celebrities in the booth every Monday Night to talk about stuff other than football.

The NFL has sold out its sport. While they're very rich because of it, as someone who works on the inside, I'll tell you they're the WORST pro-league as far as how they treat their fans and those who cover the game. They stopped a bunch of churches from showing the game because it would "hurt" super bowl ratings. Could you imagine being told that even though you're not charging to watch it, you can't have a super bowl party? Anyway, i'm getting off of my high-horse now.

EJD