Night without APAP

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
krousseau

Night without APAP

Post by krousseau » Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:59 pm

Sat AM I packed up my APAP, mask, and all my gear and sat the case down on the floor in front of the door. 3 of us were carrying things to the car. Bad idea-got to our destination and no APAP case. I was worried about sleeping without the APAP but found that 200 or so nights of XPAP are habit forming. I needn't have worried about sleeping without the APAP-I didn't sleep. Sat in a recliner and did crossword puzzles all night. Fortunately I didn't have to drive the next day. The case was sitting behind a chair where it had gotten moved so the door could be opened. Lesson learned-put the case in the car myself as soon as it is packed up.

Faced with the choice between changing one's mind and proving that there is no need to do so, almost everyone gets busy on the proof.....Galbraith's Law

tooly125

Post by tooly125 » Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:30 pm

You must have been very determined not to fall asleep.
I don't think I would have even finished one puzzle before corking off.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body totally worn out and screaming,WOO HOO what a ride!

inacpapfog

Post by inacpapfog » Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:03 pm

Krousseau,
Sorry to hear of your misplaced pap! Bummer to even have to go one night without pap!!!! It would mean..... awaken repeatedly..... feeling of suffocation......bathroom visits......achy muscles.....and a host of other ills!
Good that you could stay awake and did not have to sleep a papless night !
Bet you'll never leave home without it again, huh?

krousseau

Post by krousseau » Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:13 pm

Oh.....don't misunderstand me-I wasn't trying to stay awake-I did try to sleep.
But.....something was missing. I've grown accustomed to the mask-the headgear-the routines around it.
Faced with the choice between changing one's mind and proving that there is no need to do so, almost everyone gets busy on the proof.....Galbraith's Law

Pirate

Post by Pirate » Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:22 am

I have gotten to the point that I absolutely cannot sleep without CPAP.