Are you asking people to repeat themselves??Hearing

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
needingu

Are you asking people to repeat themselves??Hearing

Post by needingu » Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:06 pm

Am I the only person that is noticing more and more ,I am asking people to repeat themselves. Can it be the CPAP.. from across the room normal speech is a rumble not clear. I am going to an EMT soon but have this great need to know if the machine is the culprit..I have been wearing it for 4 years. What has been your experience??
We can all be angels to one another. ..., the little whisper that says,Go. Ask. Reach out. The world will be a better place for it. And wherever they are, the angels will dance."

RipVW

Re: Are you asking people to repeat themselves??Hearing

Post by RipVW » Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:18 pm

Seems you're not the first one to ask this question--
http://en.allexperts.com/q/Audiology-Ot ... loss-1.htm
Check out my chinstrap--> http://cpapchinstraps.com

needingu

Post by needingu » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:19 pm

RipVanWinkle..
Thanks for taking the time to answer my question. The info was helpful. I had searched for previous postings,.did not use the right words I suppose. As I live in the Blue Ridge Mountains, I have noticed an interesting occurance. When going down a mountain that is 2700 ft. elevation..about 1/2 way down my ears will pop.That is a change. This always happened before when coming up and had almost reached the top. I can understand the elevation being a factor. I know its all tied together but do not have the knowledge to understand it all together. I will have my ears checked and try to be relieved since the info you referred me to mentions it may not be permanent.
We can all be angels to one another. ..., the little whisper that says,Go. Ask. Reach out. The world will be a better place for it. And wherever they are, the angels will dance."

RipVW

Post by RipVW » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:31 pm

You're welcome, needingu! I'd never heard of this before either. I think you're wise to ask your doc about this. Good luck!
Check out my chinstrap--> http://cpapchinstraps.com

needingu

Post by needingu » Tue May 15, 2012 9:40 am

I have pulled up a posting I posted in Jul of 2009. I only had 3 replies to that but this is a problem we need clarified.

Yes I went to an ENT who found no problem. I had hearing checked before seeing the Dr. and was told I indeed needed hearing aids.
I explained to my ENT re the CPAP possibly being the culprit and he said he had not seen any writings re any probem but that he had often thought over long term there might be problems. Is there a solution?

I walked to a high Mountain 3700 ft. When I was near the top I thought a bee was around my ear but my ears opened up??Now explain that..Maybe the nerves are not damaged beyond repair if there is a procedure???