tired

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Kapow4000

tired

Post by Kapow4000 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:00 pm

My CPAP was delivered 11/22/06. I have been using it faithfully every night. I have no problems breathing with it but the darn thing just won't stay in place. When I lay down it slides up the back of my head whenever I move around. I am waking up at least every hour adjusting, etc. I am still as tired in the morning as I was before. I go back to sleep DR Friday, but would appreciate any suggestions in the meantime.

Moogy

Post by Moogy » Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:01 pm

Some users find that panty hose make good extra straps. RestedGal says tights work better than plain panty hose. In the case of your mask, maybe a strap tied at the eyebrow level on each side, then under the chin? Anyway, you can experiment with homemade straps until it seems secure.

Moogy

Moogy
started bipap therapy 3/8/2006
pre-treatment AHI 102.5;
Now on my third auto bipap machine, pressures 16-20.5

Jere

Post by Jere » Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:07 pm

Possibly you have the wrong mask for you. It often takes some trial and error to find the mask that works for you. Did you try on several masks? If not, see if you can go back to your DME and try on some others.

Good luck!

"First rule of holes: when you are in one, stop digging"

bdp522

Post by bdp522 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:40 pm

You might want to try loosening up the top strap a bit and just tighten the bottom one till it's snug. By tightening the top strap too much it pulls the whole thing up. The back of the headgear needs to go pretty low on the back of your head.
There was also a post about pad-a-cheeks CL2 forehead pad. It helps to keep the forehead piece in place.

Brenda