Dropping pressure setting

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
JaneAsimov

Dropping pressure setting

Post by JaneAsimov » Fri May 19, 2017 12:29 pm

Ok this is two questions, really:

One, how do I make a signature, so I don't have to write what equipment and settings I'm using in every post? and

Two, I was prescribed a pressure setting of 8 by my doctor, but I dropped it to 7 last night due to aerophagia. It stopped all of my burping and gas issues but now I'm wondering, if you drop your pressure slightly, will it still stop your apneas? My primary doctor, who prescribed me the CPAP, won't answer this question because he said I need to see a sleep doctor now instead. I called a sleep doctor and it's a one month wait.

This afternoon I will be getting a CPAP machine that measure my AHI's so I'm hoping to have more conclusive information then. Right now I have the "half assed brick" Respirionics DreamMachine that is a basic CPAP, humidifies, but doesn't autocorrect pressures or give me an AHI read out. I wear a Quattro Air full mask, my pressure is 8 (but I brought it down to 7), chocolate lave cake is my favorite dessert unless I'm down south, then it's warm pecan pie, and I'm a Taurus living inside a Leo's body. Thanks ya'll!

Jane

Jane

Diagnosed mild with AHI of 7, and AHI of 26 during REM

Chronic migraine, fatigue, and headaches, hoping to resolve these problems or get better with sleep apnea treatment.

LSAT

Re: Dropping pressure setting

Post by LSAT » Fri May 19, 2017 1:29 pm

Dropping your pressure may increase your apneas...if your mindset is to keep a lower pressure than prescribed, your use of an auto machine may not be useful..it will increase your pressures. To fill in your equipment, go to the Control Panel where you registered and go to Profile.

Hannibal 2

Post by Hannibal 2 » Fri May 19, 2017 1:43 pm

Striking a balance between low AHI and a good night's sleep is good, trying to do it blindly is not so good. You can get some indication based on how refreshed and alert you are feeling on a daily basis but realistically you need a full data machine if you want to take control of your own therapy and get it optimized. Most medical professionals are only interested that you're compliant, the rest is down to you if you want to get the best out of your therapy. Good luck

Where have you been? It's alright we know where you've been!"
(You've been in the pipeline...)

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri May 19, 2017 2:03 pm

wiki/index.php/Registering_Equipment_in_User_Profile

How to add your equipment to your profile...see mine as an example.

That pressure of 7 vs the 8....it might be just fine to use.
Having a machine that will auto adjust may or may not be the best thing for you because it might want to go past 8 cm and we already know that your body doesn't like that but there are ways to fix things to minimize any problems that pop up.

First thing...see how the 7 cm pressure is working with a full data machine.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.